20. Neoma

Vlad widened his eyes, he couldn't believe his ears. "You shouted like that?"

Eanred averted his gaze, his ears turned red. "I...was young and immature at the time."

"What did you do next?" Vlad smiled, his eyes full of curiosity. [Something certainly happened....]

"Well that's enough for today, I'll continue with the story next time. I'm certain the king will worry for you. Go along now." Eanred impatiently drove Vlad out. His cheeks red and his mouth almost seemed to be pouting.

In the end, Vlad only let out a helpless laugh before leaving. In his mind, he thought how cute his master was being.

When Vlad stepped out of the door, a man appeared before him. The man bowed towards Vlad before speaking, "The king has ordered me to be your personal guard, your highness."

Vlad studied the man. If his memory serves him right, this man is one of the king's shadow guard? And as it happens, he is one of the four leaders?

"You are one of the four leaders of the shadow guards?" Vlad asked the man plainly.

"Yes, your highness." Replied the man.

"Does it not irritate you to guard some prince? I mean, you could've been using that time for more.... significant things to do." Vlad smiled.

"It is a pleasure to serve you, your highness."

Vlad stared at the man. The whole time, the man held no expression. His attitude was indifferent but humble, distant yet respectful. All in all, Vlad found the man to be both interesting and boring. Quite contradictory.

"Hmm. I see then, if that's what he asks, then... whatever. Do you have a name?"

The guard flinches. No one would even bother to ask another for their name in his industry. After all, their job is to kill and protect the king no matter the cost. He himself have forgotten his own name... Names are useless.

"No, master. I go by the code of number four. Others.... they call me the Silver Devil."

Vlad furrowed his brows. He wasn't satisfied with this name. One was too plain, and the other is too brutal. Although Vlad knew that they probably didn't care about names that much. But for him, names are certainly quite important. In his last life, nobody bothered to call himself by his name.... that didn't feel too nice. He had craved for someone to call him.

"Well then, from now on, your name shall be Neoma. You hair reminds me of the moon. The name is taken from the word Naomi, which means full moon. Neoma is one the many variations of the name. Do you like it? If not, we can just stay with your code name."

The guard bowed down once again before going down on one knee. He took Vlad's hands and took it as he swore, "Thank you for the name, master. This one shall treasure it."

Vlad widened his eyes in shock. He didn't think that this cold looking guard would go to that extent just because of a name.

The shadow guard himself was at a loss. His body had moved without thinking and before he knew it, he had already took the prince's hand. He had felt so moved that someone would give him such a name with so much thought. It's been a very long time since he had felt emotion.

[Looks like this isn't such a bad idea after all.] thought the guard as the corner of his mouth lifted.

"Get up. Let us go now. There was no need for such display."

The guard stood up and his calm expression returned. Vlad and Neoma walked off, heading towards the palace. Looking at the guard, Vlad gazed at him. This shadow guard wasn't what he thought the other would look like.

Neoma held a silver hair and a green eyes. His expression are both cold and expressionless. However, his aura radiated power and charms. Vlad thought for sure they would be bulky....