15. Our Master

"You're from the tiger clan? Might you two be young master Arche and Elio?" Vlad asked as he looked at the two.

"That's right. We're pleased to make your acquaintance, your highness." Said Elio, the golden haired boy.

"We are also quite delighted that you have heard of us. It is such an honour." Arche spoke, although Vlad couldn't discern wether he was just being polite, or wether it's the truth.

From one of the four legendary clans, the tiger clan was known for the majestic golden and silver tiger. After the war, it is said that all of the descendent of the legendary golden tiger and the silver tiger were gone; just like all of the other legendary beings. However, ten years ago, something unexpected had happened. In the tiger clan, for the first time in thousands of years, a pair of golden and silver tiger were born. This piece of incident spread like fire in the seven kingdoms.

After that, the name Arche and Elio was known to all. It wasn't until Vlad came that others thought Arche And Elio would be the last that would inherit the legendary beings. However, Vlad is not only a descendant, he is the being itself, which makes others believe that the legendary beings will soon be born again.

"How can I not know of the legendary silver and golden tiger?" Vlad smiled. "However, why must you tail me? Surely you should know that it can get you killed?"

Elio let out a wry smile. "Yes. You may not know, but we come with our elder, the clan leader."

Vlad nodded. "I'll leave you to your thing, then. It was pleasant meeting you, farewell."

After a giving the two a small smile, Vlad turned around and continued to go to the tower. He left so quickly, he didn't let the two respond. In the end, the twin could only look at Vlad's straight, and isolated back.

"Do you think he... is lonely?" Elio asked his brother.

Arche eyebrows were furrowed hearing the question.

"We had each other, but he has no one. Being born with the world's eyes on you.... surely, we know best of how.... that feels." Elio gazed at the shadows of Vlad's retreating back. His expression glum.

"You should have just said burdensome. There's no point to sugarcoat it." Arche said calmly. "Being born with the world's eyes on you, it should feel burdensome. There's barely anytime to breathe, barely anytime to think about yourself, barely anytime to choose. Whatever you do, whatever you say is watched, it's being criticized."

As if expecting his brother to say so, Elio only stayed silent before saying, "That's a long sentence you spoke. Usually, that length is the amount you speak in a week."

Arched shrugged. "His back just seems so...worrying."

"It's rare of you to care about something— or someone in this matter." Elio turned towards his brother, his eyebrows drew together.

"He reminds me of how you used to be a few years ago. That back... his expression was so lost. Do I really need to say it? We also have the blood of the legendary being, it's in our instinct to want to protect him, to shelter him. He is our master, after all."

"Yes, I just hope the tragedy will not repeat itself again." Eliot said carefully.

"I thought you were acting differently... it seems like you also saw the vision..."

Eliot looked up and sighed. "Looks like we got found out by the king and our master. We shouldn't have been sneaking around."