sequel: chapter six

Start from the beginning

"I'm coming, mommy!" She runs down the stairs which always gives me anxiety.

"Please slow down." I picked her up and placed her on my hip. "You grow too fast."

"Sorry." She giggles and I kissed her forehead.

"Good morning daddy." He kisses her and I put her in her chair.

"Good morning little one."

"Mommy, when is grandma gonna be here? I miss herrrrrr." Sol whines.

"She'll be here soon." I ruffled her hair as she swats my hand away angrily.

"So am I allowed to wear PJs to your office or?" Jax asks wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me closer.

"You have to wear a suit."

"Why?" He groans. He presses his lips onto my neck, placing kisses on my sweet spot.

"Because we have to be professional."

"You have to be professional. You're their boss."

"Good point but it's your first day. You gotta make a good impression." I squeezed his biceps which by the way has gotten bigger.

"I don't need to make a good impression with anyone except you." He says giving me a goofy smile. Oh, this man will be the death of me.

"You're very sweet baby but no matter how hard you try to charm me I will still get you in that suit."

"Fine, fine." He rolls his eyes playfully and then smashes his lips onto mine.

"Ewww." I turned around to see Sol and Journey scrunching up their faces.

"Eat your breakfast," I said and they went back to eat, giggling.

~

"Jax why is your face like that?" I looked over to Jax who has the sternest mean-looking straight face.

Resting bitch face.

"I want everyone to be afraid of me." He says still with the same straight face.

"You're something else, Jax Monroe." I got out of the car and he followed closely behind me.

"Hey did anyone ever tell you how hot you look in this sexy business attire?" He asks grabbing my butt making me gasp.

"Yes." I joked.

"Who? Was it one of your co-workers? A guy specifically? Name him and I'll beat his ass." He asked very furiously.

"I guess you're gonna have to beat yourself up then." I continued walking and he stands there confused. "You just called me hot." I laughed.

"Ohhh." He chuckles before walking up next to me.

"Miss Knightly your files are— Oh hello handsome." Julie smiles at Jax.

Jax stands there with his straight face. He just nods at her.

"Who's this? Is he our new co-worker?" She asks batting her eyelashes.

"He's my assistant for the day," I told her and her smile turns into a frown.

"Oh. Is he single?" She asks me. I looked up at him and he's still got that damn straight face on

He looks at me. "I'm married."

"Married? Oh, who's your wife? She must be a lucky one. " Julie says with her eyes still twinkling.

"She's your boss." He answered and her eyes go wide.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't see the ring and —"

"We don't need a ring to be married. Anywho good day." He grabs my hand and leads me to the other direction.

"Thanks for the files, Julie!" I called out. She waves back nervously.

I guide him into my office and he shuts the door behind him and locks it.

"So we're married huh?" I asked jokingly.

"Yes, not officially but who needs a ring." He shrugs smiling. He lays down on the couch, putting his arm behind his head.

My, my what a sexy ass sight.

I need holy water.

"True."

"So am I really gonna be your assistant?"

"No." I laughed. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"Remember how you've always wanted to become a football coach?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Well if you want to, there is a spot at a middle school. It's right next to Journey's school and you can teach little kids to play football."

"Like little little?"

"Middle school kids, love."

"Ohh that would sound amazing." He spoke with excitement. "And I get to watch over Journey."

"I'll make sure none of those little tweedle twats hit on my little girl."

"Really now?" I laughed.

"Yeah." He gives me a goofy grin.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

published: march 13th, 2021

Do you guys prefer online school or in-person?

I personally prefer online because I'm not constantly surrounded by people who give off negative energy. I'm not saying everybody at my school gives off those vibes, but it is definitely a majority of them. My anxiety is also much better when I'm at home so I can easily get my work done faster. In school, it takes me 5 minutes to read two sentences lmaooo.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy your week! Please remember to stay safe and love yourself. MUAH!