Chapter 34: It all goes wrong

IN REGARDS TO THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER:
Omg, so only mid-way through writing this chapter have I realised I uploaded the last chapter unfinished, which is HUMILIATING. There's like this whole chunk between when they go out for lunch to then when they're actually dancing on the stage. I mean, thankfully it was just filler information that didn't matter to the plot and was literally there to join up the two scenes and maybe have a little bit of cute stuff and drama, BUT STILL. I'm gonna finish this book and then I'll go back and write what I missed bc omg how embarrassing. This is what I get for not proof reading.

Joe's PoV:

This couldn't be any worse. We don't have any alternates, and the likelihood of Dianne being able to perform are slim to none. Sure, there is the slight possibility that she could get it all bandaged up and stuff, but we don't have our two point advantage anymore and having an injured dancer who couldn't go full out in the finals was catastrophic. We'd only won by a tenth of a point. That's what they said. A tenth of a point. There's no way we can win this. It'll be the first time in almost a decade where the British Dance Company doesn't make it to Internationals.

And it's all my fault.

Everyone is stood in the auditorium with Alesha and Bruno begging with the competition hosts to let us perform a dancer down, but I can't see it happening. This is Nationals we're talking about. We might get special treatment for dressing rooms, but not for the actual competition rules.

Frustrated, I walk off and go and sit with Neil in the foyer.

"I hear you lost a dancer," an annoying voice leans over me. I can literally hear the smirk on her face.

"Tilly," I turn around, giving her a death stare. The last thing I need right now is an annoying brat messing with my head.

"You should just give up now," Tilly shrugs. "Let's be real, you and Dianne carry this entire trainwreck of a team and with her gone not only do you not have enough dancers, but you also don't stand a chance."

"Tilly, leave," I growl.

"Make me," she puts her hands on her hips.

"GO AWAY!" I yell louder than I intended to. "STOP INSULTING OUR TEAM WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS LOST WAY MORE THAN OURS! GO FIX YOURSELVES! IF ANYONE IS A TRAINWRECK IT'S YOU TILLY!"

"How DARE you!" Tilly yells, shoving me into the doors.

I have to admit, I was gonna hit her back, but the shove Tilly gave me had broken the doors.

"YOU AND YOU! IN MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW!"

We turn around and see the executive board leader of the competition standing over us. If looks could kill, we would be dead.

———

"What on EARTH makes you two believe that sort of behaviour is acceptable?" she says as she slams the door to her office, pointing to two chairs that sat opposite this very extravagant marble desk. The whole room is filled with award plaques and I can see the Nationals trophy for this year in a glass case in the corner of the room. I highly doubt we'll be getting that after this fiasco.

"It's his fault," Tilly sticks her nose up and points at me.

My jaw drops. At this point, we've basically already lost, so you know what? We've not nothing more to lose. I'm not letting her get away with this.

"Excuse me?" I look at her. "Neil and I were harmlessly sitting in the foyer trying to come up with a solution to our problem because Dianne probably can't dance and we don't have any alternates. It's then YOU who came over and started saying our dancers were awful and Dianne and I, and I quote here, 'carry this entire trainwreck of a team' as if that's in any way appropriate and in any way true! Maybe singular people carry your team, but in our studio everyone has a role to play and everyone, EVERYONE, is important. We're dealing with crap here so just stop going for us! So, yeah, I lost it. I shouted at you, but you know what, I don't regret that. You then acted like a five year old and shoved me into the doors. YOU'RE the one who started this and YOU'RE the one who caused the damage."