Chapter 6: Get Ready...

Joe's PoV:
Unfortunately Dianne wasn't attending the same secondary school as Zoe, Neil, Jack and I, so we couldn't walk with her. She was going to an all girls private school that it turned out Lola went to too.

"Stop pining," Neil laughs as I stare at my phone, willing Dianne to reply to my texts. I know her school has already begun, so she probably won't reply until after school.

"I'm not," I glare at him, shoving my phone in my pocket. "I just miss her."

"It's pining," he says again, and this time Zoe nods in agreement.

"Okay, sorry for caring about my girlfriend?" I look at them.

"We're just teasing," Zoe laughs. "You know I'm the same with Alfie."

It had become very apparent recently that Zoe and Alfie are a serious couple. Almost as serious as Dianne and I. But we're cuter.

"Oh yeah, where is that mop today?" Neil asks.

"He's not a mop," Zoe glares. "And he's running late."

"Hey!" we turn around to see Sophia and Cinzia running to catch up with us.

"Oh hey guys," Zoe smiles. "How are you?"

"Alright, I guess," Sophia shrugs. "I mean, dancing in B Troupe kinda sucks. We're just working super hard to make sure we get back onto the team for Internationals."

"I believe in you," I smile. "Believe and you can achieve."

"Thanks, Joe," Sophia smiles back.

"That's a dance captain right there," Cinzia laughs.

"You should try taking more classes," I suggest. "It'll help you improve faster. Particularly the technique class Shirley runs."

"You think?" Cinzia looks hopeful. "Thanks, Joe."

"No problem," I smile. "If you like, I'll even lend you a hand when I have the time. Some private classes."

"Omg yes!" Sophia grins, almost a little too enthusiastically. She must really be wanting to get back on the team.

"Wouldn't it be better for us to have a female coach?" Cinzia asks. "Like you're a male dancer, surely a female dancer would be better."

"I can help too if you like," Zoe pipes up. "I doubt it'll matter, but if it makes you feel better I'm more than happy to help."

"Thanks Zo," Cinzia smiles as we reach the school.

"Any time!" Zoe smiles back. Her phone buzzes at that moment, and she looks down. "It's Alfie! I gotta go, but see you guys at the studio later!"

"Aren't you walking with us?" Neil asks.

"Nah, Alfie bought his car so he's gonna drive me home," Zoe smiles. "I love him so much."

I roll my eyes. I don't like love unless it's my love for Dianne.

———

"You know, sometimes I really hate being a dancer," is the first thing Neil says to me when he sees me after school.

"Uhh, why?" I look at him, confused. I like being a dancer.

"Well my drama class is doing a theatre trip on Saturday to see Wicked, but I can't go because I've got rehearsals," he sighs. "I always have rehearsals. I don't remember the last time I went out and did something with friends."

"We went to see a movie just last week," I point out.

"I mean friends who aren't part of the BDC," Neil rolls his eyes.