23.

When Sera finally came to, she was lying down on the passenger side, in the front seat of Abimbola's car with the car seat half down, and a seat belt tightly clinging around her waist. She looked down and noted that Abimbola's blazer jacket was now wrapped around her body like a blanket.

The car was going at full speed, and that only aided in making her feel even more sick than she felt initially. Her vision was still a bit blurred, but she could still hear somewhat clearly.

"Well, can you contain it or not?", Abimbola asked whoever he was talking to on the phone. His voice sounded calm, yet panicked all at the same time. His eyebrows were furrowed, and his hands were tightened on the steering wheel.

The person on the other end of the line replied, but Sera couldn't exactly hear what they were saying. Judging by the expression on Abimbola's face, however, she guessed that it wasn't good news.

"Well, if you can't do your job properly, then let me know so I can find someone who can!" Abimbola roared before dropping the phone, cussing out loud, and then running a hand furiously through his hair. Then, as if the car wasn't already going fast enough, he stepped on the accelerator, making the car move even faster.

And that's when Sera finally decided to speak.

"Just out of curiosity...Are you trying to kill me with this speed?"

Her voice came out sounding very weak and hoarse, but that was the least of her concerns. She hadn't been awake for long, but her body was already threatening to shut down again.

Abimbola was visibly startled, but despite this, when he turned to face Sera, his face was filled with both worry and distress.

"Hey...I was starting to get worried", he said whilst slowing down the car. "And sorry about that...I was just trying to get to the hospital as quickly as I could."

"No hospital." Sera replied firmly despite her weak state.

"What?"

"No hospital."

"But you're hurt...you just passed out. What if you're bleeding internally?"

As he spoke, it dawned on Sera that even though she had only known Abimbola for a short period of time, most of their interactions had only ever revolved around her being in some kind of trouble, and him saving her, and even though there were a million things for her to worry about in that moment, that particular thing was worrying her the most.

"I'm curious, why do you keep saving me?"

"What?"

"Why do you keep saving me? Why did you save me just now?"

"Uhm...because you needed me to save you?"

She knew she was reaching, but that didn't stop her blood from boiling.

"Do you think I'm some damsel in distress who needs a man to come and save her?"

"I'm not quite sure where this is goi-"

"It's just...you seem to enjoy saving me a lot, Abimbola. Am I some kind of project to you? Is this entertaining for you? Seeing me like this?"

"Sera...some random guy was attacking you in the bathroom, what was I supposed to do? Let him?"

"YES!"

"That's crazy. Why would I do that?"

His unusual calmness only aided in fanning her anger.

"Because I know that guy and I had everything under control!"

"Really? And how exactly did you have it under control?"