“Enough, Udo.” Pleaded a gentle soprano voice wearing a tiger mask. Melody did a double take.

“Your masks aren’t given to you based on your personality, are they?” She sweat dropped.

“No, they aren’t” Sighed the woman. Melody nodded sympathetically. The chains were almost completely off when Melody sensed the presence of several persons on the other side of the door, one drew a knife and melody gasped. A knock was heard.

“Enter.”

Everything felt like it was in slow motion. Melody broke the rest of the chains herself, and the door knob turned.

Buh-bump……..buh-bump.

Melody spun around, tensed, and ready to protect the Hokage.

Buh-bump…buh-bump…buh-bump… buh-bump… buh-bump.

The door opened with the stealth of a ninja.

Buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump, buh-bump……..

WHOOSH.

By some miracle, Melody caught the kunai by sliding her finger into the loop at the end or the horribly aimed knife. And in a flash, she was behind the short person with the caught projectile at his neck. Then she noticed something.

.

.

.

.

.

“… NARUTO?!” Melody shrieked.

“YUKARI?!” Naruto yelled louder.

“SERIOUSLY?! What the hell! Of all the pranks, you just have to attack the Hokage?!”

“I DID IT BECAUSE HE KIDNAPPED YOU!” He pointed. At this, Melody was taken aback. Her new purple eyes softened and she hugged her little ball of orange energy.

“You’re so kind Naruto… you really are a great friend.” She whispered, “But don’t ever do that again. He is a great man that is kind enough to let me, an outsider, stay in the village.” She chided like a loving mother.

Naruto hugged her back like she would disappear any second. After a moment, she pulled away and turned to look at the people behind them. One had a cane and bandages over his right eye and the others looked like ANBU.

“Naruto-” Melody was cut off.

“Who are you and why are you in my way?” Glared the man with the cane.

“A simple ‘Excuse me’ would have been enough, thank you. And if you were paying attention, you would have noticed that my name is Yukari.” Replied an annoyed Melody.

“Naruto, wait outside please. This should only take a moment.” Sarutobi told Naruto.

“BUT-!”

“Listen to him Naruto,” Melody smiled gently and put a tender hand on his shoulder, “Do you trust me?”

“Yeah, of course I do, but-”