Chapter 9: Contract

Hey guys! Please don’t kill me for not updating in, like, forever. Just remember that you are fabulous and I seriously appreciate your support. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or complaints about my fanfiction, please tell me because I want to be a writer someday and I can’t do that if my readers don’t know what the h*ll I’m talking about. I know that I can’t make every single person happy but I’m crazy enough to try. Some people hate when others criticize their work but I am not one of those people. I get offended if people don’t make suggestions, correct me, or just plain say that they just don’t get it. I feel like a total idiot when everyone says nothing. Thank you to the people that are not afraid to say what they think because this chapter is for you.

 Ino: This fashion failure does not own Naruto

Me: Well neither do you cuz that would require you to have a brain.

Sakura: Yeah! You tell that pig, Kate!

Melody: Ugh! Do you bimbo's mind? I'm trying to take a nap here...

Me: You just woke up... (-.-)"

Melody: You do the same thing, llama.

Me: I wanna be a pokemon! not a llama! *runs to sulk next to Gaara and Sasu-gay in the emo corner*

Gaara + Sasuke: There, there...

On with the show! ^^

Chapter 9: Contract

Even though regulations required the ANBU to take Melody to the Information Holding Cells, they were instructed to bring her to the Hokage instead. Melody heard them talking amongst themselves about how the new threat to the village was going to destroy the Leaf with the nine tails and how the hokage should have them both executed. Melody thought that this action wouldn’t be out of the question, considering her history, but Naruto? ‘So that’s the chakra that I sensed inside of him… we are the same, except that he is a jinchuuriki and I’m a guardian… I don’t know what a jinchuuriki is but there are 5 guardians and we still have to find the fifth…

Several knocks on the heavy wooden door resounded throughout the hallway but it sounded like iron bells to Melody. She couldn’t explain such a feeling if she tried. When Hiruzen said “enter” her bowed head sank even lower. With a heavy heart, she was forced through the door by the chains all over her body and held by 5 ANBU out of the 8 that “escorted” her there. She didn’t resist and hated the possibility of disappointing the man before her. In the middle of the room, she stood shaking with shame.

“Please unchain her.” Commanded the Third Hokage. Melody’s head snapped up with wide eyes and a tense jaw, watching, waiting, daring to hope.

“But, sir!” Several masked men objected. Her eyes sank to the floor.

“Don’t you understand?” Melody asked barely above a whisper, “I let myself get caught. I mean no harm to you, Hokage-sama, or the village that has accepted me and all of my faults.”

The ANBU looked at the old man who nodded in conformation. They glanced at each other with wary eyes, then proceeded taking off the chains in swift motions.

“You better not try anything, kid.” A male bass voice threatened in her ear.

“Keep your face away from mine, your breath stinks.” Melody retorted, lowly at the man who said the worst things about Naruto.

“You little!” He gripped the chain tightly, pulling on her arm. She didn’t budge, she -barely felt it.

“What are you trying to accomplish?” She turned her mildly confused expression with an uncaring demeanor to face him directly. He wore an owl mask, which seemed ironic to Melody. He was getting more and more frustrated by her jeering and let out a low growl and he could attack her any second. Melody raised an eyebrow. ‘Seriously? Is this guy that stupid?’ She thought, incredulously.