Chapter One: Prison Break

Pic on the side! :)

Me: I'm so nervous I have butterflies!

Kaida: Get a grip gurl! ain't nuttin to worry 'bout in dis house!

Me: *Sighs and awkwardly smiles at audience*

Hi guys! This is my first fanfic ever and I know it's a bit formal for a fanfic, but I've got time on my hands. :3 SO! Vote if you like, comment if you wanna, and add my virtual web book to your library no matter what you think so I don't think I'm a total failure who just wasted your time. (^.^) Enjoy! 

- KatieNara

*************************************************************************************

                                                Chapter One: Prison Break

I was running, running fast and far away from the maximum security prison Tani-Aka. It was dark, half past midnight. My three brothers, all a little older than me, ran along side me, fleeing from the hell we knew. I flinch and nearly fall when I hear the sirens, the shouts, the screeching sounds of metal rubbing against metal and multiple objects whizzing through the humid air. I see light reflected off of the over grown forest trees and brush. I didn't need to turn around to know that the spot lights were looking for us four.

'Sh*t,' I thought to myself. I glance behind me to make sure we were all still here and check on the chaos behind us. 'Someone must have stepped on a trigger trap.' I thought but of course, I couldn't blame them, it's dark, we're in a hurry, and the traps are very well hidden, not to mention everywhere. The traps are set up to alert the prison if, by some miracle, someone escaped. Any trap that was set off would become a red dot on a grid that represented which trap was set off on the prison grounds. Or, at least, that was the idea, unless someone, I don't know... re-wired the system so the board would light up like a Christmas tree, re-routed the automatic security procedures if they were breached which caused all of the cell doors to unlock, ultimately freeing all the other prisoners to create an even bigger diversion for us to escape. I smirked to myself. 'Yes, that would not be the ideal circumstances... for them.' I thought with glee and a hint of pride, because that is exactly what happened. I glanced back another time to examine our little group.

My twin was slightly limping and I frowned at this, putting two and two together. I wanted to slow down to make sure he was okay but he smiled at me, indicating that he was fine and the trigger trap didn't injure him too bad. I nodded and faced forward again. I smirk as I see prison guards with flash lights.

'Fools, because we can see you, we can avoid you.' I signaled to the young men running way with me to flank right to avoid the onslaught. They follow and we continue on without any more problems for a while.

"KAIDA!" Onī-sama shouted. I looked behind me only to see a huge bomb made of explosive lava plummeting down to the earth headed straight for us. I of course, shouted the obvious.

"TAKE COVER!" I screeched. I covered myself with water from the surrounding plants and moisture in the area just in time for the explosion to hit. I screamed when the shockwave hit and my "shield" was dissolved into nothing from the heat and the force. With my teeth clenched as I was thrown across the forest at an incredible speed, breaking whole trees with the force of the explosion and after blast. I remember slamming into a huge dense tree and tumbling down somewhere before blacking out.