Chapter Four: Shikamaru

Hey guys!!!! APYPH EWN ERAY!!!! Heads up! I just made some changes to "Chapter three: Meeting my Father". They aren't major, but I thought I should let you know. :P Video thingy on the side. "How does it feel by Avril Lavigne" I don't own the vid.

Anywhosle! This chapter is dedicated to melmoreno96 for being the first to ever comment on my story. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! (^.^)

I was recently informed by the lovely erza_fernandez19 that there is a consept in this story that is in the tv show and novel "Divergent". I DID NOT intend for this to happen but it is a consept that I will not take out. I will give credit to the makers and auther of "Divergent" for having this consept in their plot but I didn't take this from them as I have never seen or read "Divergent".

"She was in a faction against the government who kidnapped children to gain information on the rebels." This is from my story and I'm not sure if is an exact quote or not. If it is, I'm sorry and I don't own it. But if this isn't an exact quote, then I own it.

I don't own Naruto or the consept of bending the four elements.

ON TO LE STORY!

Chapter Four: Shikamaru

***Melody’s POV***

We were almost at Nara – san’s house with each of our arms carrying at least twenty pounds of groceries and some cloths for me. It was a traditional Japanese style house with a beautiful front garden.

“Are those too heavy for you? You look like you’re struggling there.” Shikaku – san teased me.

Hmph! Meanie!

“No thank you. They aren’t heavy at all actually, just really bulky. I don’t want to crush anything because I know I have eggs in here somewhere.” I replied. Shikaku – san and I went shopping for groceries because that’s what he originally went out for in the first place, before the assassination attempt on Hokage - sama. I went to drop my bags to open the door when I felt an angry presence on the other side. I took a step back and watched the door with wide eyes. It flew open out of nowhere and there was a very pretty woman standing there in its place. She had black hair down to her waist with three strands framing her lovely face. She wore a traditional pink kimono with swirly designs on it. She was tall with pretty dark eyes that were nearly ruined by the mean look on her face as she glared directly at Shikaku. I sweat dropped at the suddenly tense atmosphere.

To ease the tension, I introduced myself before anything bad could happen. “Kon'nichiwa, you must be Yoshino – san.” I bowed. She looked at me in surprise as she saw me for the first time. “Sorry for running late but there was an assassin that tried to kill Hokage – sama, then Shikaku – san had to bring him to the Interrogation Building and get a scroll for the Hokage, then he stayed as I was interrogated… well more like questioned.” I heaved a great sigh. “… It was a busy four hours.” I concluded with a yawn. “Oh, excuse me.”

“Oh, its fine, I’m used to yawning around here. I’ll take these for you, thank you for helping my husband with the shopping.” She smiled, suddenly warm, and took the bags from my right hand in both of hers. I felt completely at ease now that she wasn’t angry.

“Of course, it was no trouble at all! And I think the eggs are in that bag but I’m not sure.” I said sheepishly as we stepped into the house.

“SHIKAMARU! GET YOUR BUTT OUT HERE AND HELP YOUR FATHER CARRY IN THE GROCERIES!” She yelled at the top of her lungs. Once again, I sweat dropped.