Chapter 7: Yukari

PHEWF!!! I am EXAUSTED! This chapter took a lot out of me. I really hope you love it cuz it is REALLY long! (Gift of a Friend by Demi Lovato on side.) I don't own naruto or the video! 

Stay fabulous! <3

Chapter Seven: Yukari

       *** 3rd POV***

Kaida didn't like Ino, Sakura, Sasuke, or Kiba, but she loved Akamaru. She loved all animals (though she was a bit afraid of bloodhounds) and always tried to feed the strays she found on the street. 'Once I get my own place, I'll take some home.' She decided. She saw this beautiful black cat on her way to school and inquired out loud what Shikamaru thought about the feline. He shrugged in an uncaring manner and responded "I dunno, it's a black cat." He rubbed the back of his neck unsure of how to respond to her sudden question. Kaida would have continued their conversation, but they were both too bushed and it was too early to have a coherent exchange of words.

They were both more tired than usual this morning because Shikamaru's snoring kept Kaida up, and Kaida throwing various items at Shikamaru to make him stop then talking in her sleep kept Shikamaru up. He didn't have the heart or nerve to wake her up (which was wise of him), so he trekked over to the couch in the TV room with his favorite pillow and cozy blanket and ended up sleeping there for the night.

When they both officially woke up in the morning they kept sending each other weak glares over breakfast. The only remotely amusing discovery of the morning was that Kaida didn't know how an alarm clock worked but still managed to get up before it went off with the first rays of the rising sun. Shikamaru was too tired to question how she did it or why she wasn't wearing shoes when they started walking to the academy, not that Kaida would have responded, due to exhaustion.

She glanced over her shoulder at Shikamaru three desks back, who felt her eyes on him and witnessed her "Are you serious?" look. He smirked in response then yawned really big again. Kaida yawned her musical yawn in response then glared at the Nara. 'How am I supposed to be taken seriously if I keep yawning like a freaking girl?!' She pursed her lips, annoyed. Kaida felt the daggers in every female's eyes in the room because she was sitting next to their precious Sasuke. (Except Hinata; Kaida liked Hinata.) But Kaida didn't understand what the attraction was involving him. Yes, he was good looking, but that was all there was that was good about him. He was arrogant, disrespectful to others, and seething with hate.

'He reminds me of myself before my sensei got a hold of my collar.' I smirked to myself at this thought. 'He just needs someone to teach him a lesson, is all. If he needs one, I'll teach his sorry ass a thing or two.' Kaida was sitting next to the arrogant Uchiha, still fuming about their first confrontation. The next time they had one, she'd punch him in the face, she decided, regardless of whether or not he actually deserved it. 'Good thing I'm wearing a disguise.... This is going to circulate like a wild fire and having my hair and eyes show wouldn't help much....'

***Flashback***

"Hey there." Kaida had casually said as she walked to the bench.

"Did I say you could sit there?" He asked annoyed, staring straight ahead with his hands interlaced and elbows on the table and pointedly trying to ignore her presence and the existence of every individual around him.

"Who says I need your permission?" Kaida stated smartly. She glared at the Uchiha and folded herself gracefully on the empty seat. She slumped in said seat and folded her arms over her stomach and her right knee on the long desk. No girl had ever spoken to him in such a manner before. Surprised, he glanced over at her on his right. His eyes widened and he quickly tried to compose himself and rein in his rapid heartbeat. She looked stunning. Her recently cut and colored hair was a beautiful chestnut brown and flowing over the hood of her dark green sweatshirt that was a size too big to accommodate for her long arms. Her eyes were purple and stood out next to her hoop-stud earrings and light green choker. She wore black capris and bandages around her body and naturally her feet were bare but now she had bandages around the arc of her feet to better hide her scars. Her jaw was set, shoulders squared, and her aura was seething as she scowled at the black board.