Would You Care To Join Me

Fast forwarding a few sweeps into the future Katriana is older and becoming more careless about her father's presence. It had just been around so long and every day seemed the same as the last. Could you blame her for getting tired of it? I mean her dad was just an overpowered ghost god from another dimension, and her entire family consisted of ghost trolls and an alien race called humans that were still alive. But what ever.

   Sitting on the couch watching Lord Of The Rings troll version fairly bored out of her mind Karkat appeared behind her and she didn't move. "HEY." she said without turning around.

   "HEY." he said back but she still didn't care to move. There was a silence and nothing more was said. After a few minutes he sighed and gave in. She was older now, he had done all her had too do. She didn't need him any more and maybe didn't even want him around any more. Walking up stair he looked around her room for the last time and thought about how it looked at first to what it looked like now. Messier, more stuff in it, less to do with her family and more stuff from her friends. A sudden thought tells you that you've never actually met any of them, apparently she has a lot but you don't know for sure. She wont let you meet any of them.

   Taking out his own pair of weapons and a piece of paper and a pencil he began to write a note. For the first time in his life he had a chance to write a long epic about how he cared about her, how she brought joy to his life, how he knew she was going to have a bright future and everything, but the words just didn't come to him. So instead of something long he left a half page note and the weapons on her bed and left. This was the single most painful thing he had ever felt, probably. He needed a drink.

   Roxy stood at the bar cleaning a clean a clean glass with a wash cloth as Karkat had his head down in his arms with a shot in front of him, untouched. "Hey sweety, whats got you doing the frowning of the face?" she asked in a sweet voice.

   "MY ONLY DAUGHTER IS ALL GROWN UP AND DOESN'T NEED ME ANY MORE AND I'M SO OLD AND SO USELESS AND THERE'S NO POINT FOR ME TO EXIST ANY MORE AND IT HURTS. NOBODY TOLD ME IT WAS GOING TO HURT SO MUCH, WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE SAY 'HEY KARKAT, JUST SO YOU KNOW WHEN SHE GROWS UP ALL YOUR HARD WORK YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO IGNORE AND LEAVE HER FOR THE REST OF YOUR EXISTENCE AND NEVER SEE ER AGAIN YOU PIECE OF SHIT' LIKE I WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED IT."

   "Now, I'm sure your not that old, heck your only as old as I am. How old is she now? 17? And we were what when this whole thing started?" she paused doing the math. Then she realized that she was old too. Putting down the glass she picked up a smaller shot glass, filled it, and sat next to him. "Whelp. I wish somebody had told me that too." And chugged the drink quickly before mimicking Karkat. The cried together in a tiny pity party and didn't look up until Dirk joined them.

   He saw the glasses, sighed, and took them away. "Whats got you doing this Roxy, what happened?" he sounded tired, and they felt kind of bad for giving him the trouble.

   "WE'RE OLD AND USELESS." Karkat responded for them and she nodded, looking up. Yea, Dirk looked annoyed. So seeing that more people than just him would be needed to end this he got John and tried to end the sob fest.

   "Aaaaaawwww Karkat I'm sure she misses you, we can still visit. And yea we may be old but that doesn't make us useless. Heck! Just the other day me and Terezi and Katriana... Well the day before that we did... something...hmm." They had fallen into their own daily routines and she was the only thing bring out something new, something fun. The spent her entire life protecting her, spending time with her, watching her grow up and such. Thats kind of all they did. So John sat down on the other side of Karkat and sat with a puzzling expression. Seeing his morail upset Karkat glanced up at him, tears still streaming down his eyes, and lightly papped his arm. John leaned against him and they wrapped an arm around each other.

   The atmosphere in the dream bubble reflected how they felt then. Everyone was kind of bummed out to some extent. Feferi didn't feel like swimming for a while. Without needing to protect her Vriska and Terezi slacked off on the patrols for Gamzee. Destroyer was lonely without someone to play chess with. Most of the ancestors were the only ones that didn't seem to be bothered by her absence. Summoner seemed to be giving Karkat some strange glances as of late even, but who knows.

   Eventually Summoner spoke up to Terezi, Tavros, and Equise when they were alone. "So Sufferer acts really weird now-a-days." By Sufferer he meant Karkat and they knew this.

   "Wh-what do you mean,, h-he doesn't seem any different t-to me?" Tavros asked.

   "I'm just saying, he seems to be hanging out with the humans a lot, more than he hangs out with any body else." Everyone was still upset and most of their time was spent doing nothing but thinking so their minds were tired and hurt.

   "Their his friends as well, its not like its just us he has to be with. We have all of eternity in this bubble." Terezi tried to defend him but she sounded half hearted.

   "He's becoming more human than he is troll. When was the last time any of you talked to him? When was the last time he talked to any of you? When has he sounded like a troll at all?" he left open ended questions and walked away. As much as they didn't want to admit it he had a point. Tired, hurt, and now angry they began to ignore and avoid Karkat, which he noticed. Which only drove him to go looking for the humans even more, just proving their point any ways. It was a bad circle, and it began to get to him after a while.

   Until one day he felt something was off, this was a familiar feeling. It was how he met Kar (Author note - there will be a story on its own in the future about Kar and what he means to Sm-Karkat. :3) so who would he meet now. It was a strong pull like, wow, okay, that's a serious pull. Just hurry up already get a fucking move on!!! Okay okay!!!

   Portal opened, step through, as normal, and he saw a teenagers room, human, it was small and there wasn't much in it. But there was a dead body. OH SHIT HE'S BLEEDING LIKE HELL. Sickle stuck in his stomach it was the body of a young teen, probably 15 or so, dark skin that he had not seen before, with black hair and black under his eyes. There was a lot of damaged flesh and he could only heal it so quickly that he had only just began reattaching the organs back together when heard a loud bark.

   The door to the room was opened a jar and he saw a German Shepard growling and barking at him, then turning to bark and scratch at the front door of the apartment. Shit shit shit, got to move fast. The wound was now half way healed and some of the blood had been recollected and returned to the body when the barking finally got someones attention. A banging on the door was evident and an angry next door neighbor who wanted the barking to stop. He only got up to leave when the person actually entered the room and the dog led them to the room.