New End

Days past and Orphaner did indeed recover from his wounds but his pride was forever shattered. He was beaten by a lowblood, a mutant no less, a pathetic low life mutant whose blood is worth less than mud.

Now this worthless grub was watching him day and night. He had no wiggle room, surround was he by these low lives and he cull a single one. This indeed was Karkat's goal, yes it limited his ability to see his friends but it was worth it to see them happy and unhurt.

What time he did spend with them they would ask about his life as Signless. They wouldn't ask Signless themselves as they felt that what ever they could ask him they could ask Karkat. Their leader and friend.

"So you really had to sit through all of his lectures?" Tavros asked.

At this point they had gotten use to seeing him in the torn up, burnt, and faded cloak that was given to him by Signless.

Mindlessly he would grab the cape or the part of it that wrapped around his neck when seeking comfort. It reminded him of a care that wasn't meant for him. Of how he suffered to get to where he was now. As the humans said 'those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it'. The fear of the hemospectrum has haunted him almost his whole life and he intended to never let it happen again.

"Yea, but I was lucky enough where I could do this thing and go to the back of his mind. I could only hear it as mumbling and he couldn't reach me but god damn was it boring."

"Do you remember any of his sermons? Any at all?" Since it was found out that Karkat could indeed see his world Vriska's dancestor Araena had carried blank books with her and asking for detailed information into the lives they knew so little about. She always had a thirst for knowledge.

Even considering the asshole dancestors friends Karkat tried to recall a speech.

"Fuck it, I'm pretty sure one was like...

...So what rights can they claim that make them higher. What are these rights that they hold so dear? A color. Beneath our skin swim a color that no one can see unless harmed. And that is where it stems. They can harm us, they can see our blood where as we cannot! This is the right that they hold dear but it also shows how they are afraid. They fear why they are different and so they keep us away, they make us weak. But what they so not know is that they have nothing to fear. This difference that separates us is only doing so because of them. We are all equals. The hemospectrum is nothing more than excuse to get power out of the deal when together we are so much stronger. So much happier..."

The sound of pencil on paper was racing away as Areana dashed to put down what was said so clearly. This was like her drug, knowledge, and she was a an addict.

Quiet Tavros watched this with a smile, Karkat's face under took metamorphoses and an older look spread across his face. He meant every word for someone who had never paid attention. Yes older, maybe sadder. But stronger as well.

Had Signless seen this he would have been proud. But he was too busy hiding. He knew from Karkat's sweeps of advice how to tell when your being followed and he knew that he was being hunted. Following protocol he hid behind a tree and almost tried to sink in, steadying his breath until he almost wasn't breathing. Then walking by him, was Disciple.

"Disciple... My love." He said fighting sweeps of practice and instinct.

She nearly jumped at him when her joys were confirmed. So long she had spent in the cave that she worried that she wouldn't remember his face but when she did it was like a dream. One moment she was dying of starvation and then he was before her but walking away.

She had to make sure it was him. She was also tired of using she when talking about herself.

Hugs and kisses were make and they settled on holding each other close. "Sign its been so long. I've missed your face. Your voice. Never leave me Sign."