Bad Feeling

After many years of living with the humans old habits began to fade out along with personality quirks. His normal yelling and overall swearing was lessened considerably even though it did happen time from time. Feeling jams with John became something like massage therapy that worked miracle in the matter of months.

"All I'm saying is that Jade is acting strange and its been going on for a while. There is no way that its just me noticing this, surely you must know something. And no lieing to me John or you will find a Betty Crocker muffin in  the morning." Karkat jokingly warned.

John smiled as he floated next to Karkat as they walked along the border of what Karkat called the 'Killing Grounds' and the buffer zone he dezignated around it on the Land of Heat and Clockwork. He refused to go any closer, there were things he didn't want to see again.

"Fine I'm not gonna lie I know a thing or two but I can' tell you. It was a pinky promise." Grinning ear to ear it was obvious that he wasn't lieing but he wasn't going to talk either. This disagreement turned into a poking war but Karkat said John was cheating by how he could turn into a breeze right when he was to get poked.

Laughing aside John noticed that there was more on his mind and inquired, he could do that with what he liked to think of as his morail powers over Karkat. "Its just this feeling I've been getting lately..." he said with a light sigh. "Theres always been something different with me, and now I think I'm just getting weirder."

"Whats so different, coming from a human there really isn't anything up that I can tell. I swear if you say your blood color I will sing the 'All the Colors of the Rainbow' into your ear nonstop." joking warned back.

There was a bit of silence as he considered, not that he was going to say that in the first place but he duely noted that John still worried about that long lasting fear of his that he only got over once he learned the humans had the same color as well. And they were doing just fine. "John troll sociaty is not a very forgiving one. Besides the Codense troll was suppose to live that long. Either we're normally killed one way or another, next thing you know theres going to be grey hairs on my head."

He was quiet again as he contemplated if he should say what he wanted to say next as it was going to upset John. He just knew it. He desided to, John had the right to know, and he was his morail for peets sake. "You know how when cats get old they tend to run away because they don't want to die where they lived or something like that?"

John stopped right in his tracks, and even put his feet back on the ground, instantly Karkat regretted saying anything. He was going to find out one way or another anyways but that still didn't make the moment any more pleasent. "Karkat do you feel like your dieing? Are you sick? Is it hard to get up in the morning? Are your bones acking? Did you actually find a grey hair on your head?" as rushed as the questions were there was every bit of seriousness in his voice.

Karkat stopped him with a hug, "No to none of those things John relax its just that I feel a pull for some reason. Like I have to go away soon for some reason, something out there is almost waiting and I don't want to let it go again."

There was a sigh of relief and a few moments passed before the hug ended, "Don't scare me like that." John breathed. "But wait 'again'? You've seen it before?"

Karkat blinked, like he didn't even know he had said that. "What no, fuck no, I haven't and yet...I feel like I have. BUT I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT!" frustration was clear in the volume alone.

No more was said on the subject between the two for a few days, with each passing day it became clear that Karkat was beign distracted. As far as not knowing what was just said to him face to face because he had blanked out. He wanted to go but he couldn't just leave John and the others. Jade especially became concerned and often asked him if something was wrong and he would simply say, "No not wrong." That was about all he knew.