Something Is Different

With the crowning of the new queen Karkat went for a walk around NA and with every troll that he met he told them of how his decedent, Katriana, was now their ruler. This came with a mixed response of 'oh shit okay' and 'who the hell is that' which was actually fairly understandable considering not everyone was her neighbor growing up. That and the ones that were, some were dead, so that was a thing. The ones that were alive would go around and brag about how the new queen would remember them and surely they would get some kind of treasure of great power, basically they bragged about being her neighbor.
   Most of those who asked who she was was actually the newer generation coming in. They were only four or five sweeps old so it wasn't like they had been around the block all that long. But the oldest trolls were about six to seven years old. The older ones were not that often seen for they seldom left their hives and their lusus, depending on their lusus of course. Most though had little to add to the topic and just accepted the news whether they believed him or not.

   What really got their attention, especially the mid generations (between 4.5 and 6 sweeps old), was the fliers that went out pretty soon afterwords. The fliers were scattered in the wind, laid at doorsteps, some their lusus would bring it too them after finding it somewhere else. They all said that Queen Katriana had an announcement to make and wanted to make it to all the trolls of New Alternia, in person. All were welcome. The older, many didn't come, though one or two did out of curiosity. The mid and a few younger gen where who made up the majority of the crowd that showed up.

   Quietly and awkwardly talking to one another the large crowd of trolls mingled among one another in the large stone hall. Until after a few minutes the large doors behind them closed and silence strangled the air and nobody said a word. That's when she came forward. She wore her bring red hair down, almost going down to the floor, the crown shown brightly silver with its new coat of paint on her head, glimmering like the royal attire she wore. Cloth draped here and there and made it look like a simple robe, dark red in color but a black sash around her waist and silver accessories to match. Her voice smoothed over the tense crowd and calmed their fears.

   Clearly and loudly for all to hear she spoke of friendship, of kindness, of a new age that was going to begin. She spoke of team work and effort and creating communities together as a whole instead of scattered about as they were. Assuring them that they wouldn't have to move their homes instead to encourage others to live closer by. She spoke of something new as well, she spoke of family. This idea that trolls that are close together that don't necessarily follow the quadrant system were not broken. It was old, it was close and caring like a matesprite, it was patient and loyal like a morail, it was helpful and protective like an auspis, and it was annoying and engaging like a kismesis. So many things brought into one, and yet it was like it was its own thing entirely, this was new.

   Katriana did not stop there, she continued to talk about the news of what to do with the robots that roamed the planet carrying buckets. She said that they would be reprogrammed and instead put them to fighting the growing number of monsters that traveled during the day that plagued them and slaughtered anyone who wasn't strong enough to kill them. At this some of the old seemed to become shaken, one even broke into tears of mixed emotions. The few young looked at them in confusion and slight curiosity, for they had only recently gotten the impression that there was something wicked about buckets but didn't really know what. One of the old that was crying caught the attention of Katriana. Joining the crowd she raised her hand and carefully moved people aside so she could reach him. He was a brown blood and didn't realize something was up until he raised his head from his hands and saw that others were stepping aside. And saw the queen walking towards him.

   If there was ever a moment where he had ever panicked before, he was panicking ten times more than that now. But she wasn't angry, if anything she seemed a bit sad. "Hey, are you alright?" she asked calmly.