New Life

Signless remembered walking and seeing his beloved family in shackles before him as he walked to his execution. Then suddenly Karkat took control and that's where things got blurry. Clearly he had died but where was he now?

Back against a tree, knees up, and head resting on a sleeping troll that was resting his head on his shoulder that's how he woke up. Head whipped up and still waking up he heard a voice. "Hey Sollux look whose with Karkat."

It was a female trolls voice and it seemed to be in a joking manner. Also he realized the troll at his side was Karkat.

Not daring to move from the sleeping Karkat, that he held so close, he only moves his head to see who had just spoke. "Terezii what are you talkiing about?"

Before him were two trolls. One had two sharp horns with red glasses and wore her sign on her shirt with dark jeans. She also carried a cane with a sharp point at one end and a dragon head at the other. Apparently she was Terezii. (they say first impressions count X3)

Next to her was a taller and skinnier troll. With four short horns pointing back he two (just for Sollux X3) had glasses but one lenses was blue and the other red. In both hands he had yellow canes with one handle being red but the other being blue like the glasses. He wore a black shirt with what was his sign and regular pants and his name seemed to be Sollux. And look a lot like his best friend and morail Psionic.

Both trolls seemed very young to be dead and Signless almost forgot for himself that he was dead as well.

With lack of anything else to do and with no intention to run he tried to talk with them. "Hello."

After much introduction, at which Terezi laughed when he said he was Signless, she got down and got a close look at Karkat's face.

Becoming more quiet she said, "He looks so old now..."

Remembering that he still didn't know what Karkat looked like he tried yo lean over his head to see but to know avail. "That's probably because he first died of old age."

:? "Old age? How many sweeps did he live for?"

Signless shrugged with one shoulder. "I don't know, he never told me, he just said it would be unimportant anyways. Though he would bring it up quite a bit."

Sollux turned around and began walking away. "AAs gotta see this, I'll be right back."

"Tell them Karkat's gotta wake up soon while your at it." She turned back to Signless. "When would he mention it?"

After much idle chit chat that Signless felt very awkward as he had only heard Karkat mention her once before and so briefly that he didn't expect him to even remember he said it himself. They were Karkat's friends, not his and he had just met them so it's not like he had ever met them before and this was just a long time no see meeting.

Move time and chat while Aradia, Eridan, and Nepeta joined them. In an attempt to wake him up Signless gently shook his shoulder but got no response.

"That's not gonna wake him up. He's a heavy sleeper like there's no tomorrow." Terezi told him.

"One time I exploded, didn't he sleep through that?" Aradia asked.

"Yep KK slept through that and a good hour longer after that, but to be fair we all had stayed awake who knows how long because Prospit was destroyed." Sollux added.

Ten minutes after that Karkat showed signs of waking up as he stirred a bit in place. Signless put his hand on the top of his head and shook it gently in another attempt to wake him up. That succeeded.

Jumping up suddenly from surprise and force of habit of staying alert for danger for so long he was quite ready to punch somebody in the face. Looking around Karkat had never been so happy before in his life.

First joy, then shock, was this real? Then joy again he didn't even realize that he had been standing and staring for several moments. Standing up to join him Signless put his hand on Karkat's shoulder. Red tears began to form in his eyes. Suddenly moving Karkat hugged Terezi first, then Aradia as Sollux backed up. "Sollux you get back here so I can hug you, you little shit." he said almost sobbing.

Surprised Sollux's blindness came to Karkats aid as he was still getting better at smelling and delayed him enough to receive a hug. Looking around Eridan came into view, making Signless want to run at first sight but figured he was safe with Karkat.

Hugging him as well Eridan was cut short, "Hey Kar is-" standing there shocked like a deer in headlights. The others arrived and to hell Karkat hugged every single one of them then remembering Signless.

Turning back to him, still crying he ran back and cried into his chest as Signless was taller. "SIGNLESS, AND AND AND, EVERYONE AND-" what he would have said was jumbled in tears and cloth. Giving a small smile Signless patted his head, even though he was not his morail and had no right, and looked at his friends.

"He missed you." Many were still shocked at this sudden display of sadness/weakness that was very different from the always grumpy and sour Karkat that they remembered. They hadn't seen him in a while and simply guessed that he didn't want to see them.

"So I'm Signless, Karkat has told me about many of you but I'm afraid I don't quite remember all your names or who is who. I do hope that we become friends as well." Signless said politely as that was how his mother raised him to be.

Everyone glanced around at one another, this was an odd day, their fearless leader was in tears and now an ancestor of his was being rather quiet in comparison.

First Terezi then followed by some of the others gathered around and hugged both Karkat and Signless. Aradia, Eridan, Feferi, Nepeta, Vriska, Kanaya just patted his head, and Sollux stood back, but everyone hugged back. "Sollux get the fuck over here into this group hug so help me." Equise then heard this and grabbed Sollux and pulled him into a strong hug.

One could still hear the sobbing "Come on Karkat don't cry." Kanaya said.

"I didn't know when I was gonna see you guys again..." After some time the hug dissipated and Karkat stopped crying.