Of A Great New Adventure

***First let me address how I have over 1K views and that amazes me so much incredibly!!! I was also going through the whole demographic this that wattpad does and appearantly I have readers in the Philippines, Finland, and America and just knowing that makes me squeal with glee!!! Please leave a comment telling me how you like my fanfic so far or why you put up with my slow updates. <3***

"Goddamn it, its not like I'm going to go around on a killing spree slaughtering every single grub in ten mile radius that doesn't have a lusus by their side 24/7. Fuck its not like I'm gonna up and skedaddle tomorrow while your gone."

"KATRIANA DON'T TALK WITH THAT KIND OF SASS, YOU'RE OVER-REACTING. I DIDN'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING."

"You don't have to, you just show up and its like 'oh shit its an adult troll, we're fucked' and then they high tail it out of there! Your the one that says I should have experience fighting but I can't do that if you scare them off every single time I have an opportunity!"

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A WEAPON ON YOU, REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU FOUGHT THEY WERE HAVE BEATEN YOU AND YOU CAN'T DENY THIS."

"Oh I'm sorry Mister Sufferer I didn't realize that I should take with me weapons of violence. If only somebody would give me one to keep so I could have it on hand."

"GO TO YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW!"

"Fine!"

That did not go so well. Not so well at all. But it could have gone worse you guess as you place a hand on the counter in the kitchen to support yourself. You're shaking. Where was this sudden anger coming from? Any other time she wouldn't have cared perhaps even thanked you but now...

How long have you been taking care of her now as her lusus? Six maybe seven sweeps. She was a teenager now and pretty soon she was going to be able to take care of herself. She had made a point that she did indeed need some weapons on hand if she was suppose to protect herself but every time you thought about handing them over you worried it would mean you had to get out of her life as a whole. But back to the point of it didn't go as bad as it could have.

When you were her age you were a yelling troll ball of rage and faked knowledge because to be honest none of you actually truely know what you were doing. But instead she bases her arguments over sassy, almost snarky, remarks and angry looks more so than actual yelling and swearing. Guess the anger didn't pass down to her like it did for you with The Signless. Odd. Fuck it, your mutants anything weird is probably normal. Vantases have always had that case. One not quite like the other, you were an angry asshole, Kankri was an insulent jackass, and Signless was a calm and caring troll. Any normal bloods tended to follow in similar patterns when it came to personality that you can't seem to figure out why. Not quite there in your blood knowledge.

As you stop shaking and recompose yourself the hive seemed almost silent, like it was holding its own metaphorical breath. That was broken by the miniscule sob coming from upstairs from the only room you could think of. No, you were not okay with her being upset, deep insticts wouldn't let you live it down if you just let her cry her eyes out knowing it was happening. So you went up the stairs and stopped right before her door. Yep she was crying, trying to be quiet about it too.

"KATRIANA." You said calmly and entered when she didn't respond. Curled into a ball, laying on her side, hugging her pillow like her life depended on it, and covers wrapped around her. She was on the human bed that the humans had given her so that she had two sleeping coons besides the one every other single troll on the entire new Alternia planet used.

Sitting next to her on the human bed you tried to coax her out of her blanket cocoon. "KATRIANA, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" She hummed a responce and inched closer to you without actually looking. "I'M NOT MAD AT YOU. I'M JUST AN OVER PROTECTIVE ASSHOLE, WORRIED ABOUT MY ONLY DAUGHTER." Slightly gasping for breath as she looked over and lightened the death grip on the pillow.