Chapter 44 - 🖤

Start from the beginning

Damon leans back in his chair, "Not yet but it's been hours so I'm sure we should hear something real soon."

"How are you doing after everything that happened Roxie?" Kole asks me, sounding genuinely concerned.

I swallow my food as the memories of everything that happened not even a day ago resurfaced. The man at the club, when he knocked Ashley out and slammed me against the wall, Nessa shooting and killing him, Lily and Damon's parents in my apartment while it was completely on fire, meeting Enrique's not so welcoming mother, confirming how far along I am with my pregnancy, being held with a gun to my head, seeing Marcus shot while trying to protect me and Lily from being kidnapped by a sixteen year old and now, waiting for an update on how our amazing friend is doing.

It seems like we can't catch a break. When everything looks fine, something always happens to ruin the peace. So how am I doing after everything? Well, I'm tired. I'm tired of the never ending drama that somehow always manages to find its way into our lives.

The only thing I'm happy about in this moment, is that my bubbles and my little baby are both healthy and safe. I'll do my very best to keep it that way for them.

I failed my other baby. I failed to keep him or her safe and my baby wasn't even born yet. I know I didn't know that I was pregnant to begin with but this will always bother me and make me feel like a failure. I can't make that mistake again.

If it had to come down between my death and theirs... I'd choose mine without a second thought.

Those two are my main priority in life which makes me not care about anything else.

I don't care that Apricot is carrying Damon's baby anymore. I don't care that he allowed her to be under the same roof as us or that he allowed her to leave her room. I don't care that Enrique's mother hates me even though she doesn't know me. I just don't care anymore.

So, putting a smile on my face, I turn my head to look at Kole, "I'm completely fine. I just want Marcus to be okay."

"He will be, he's a fighter even if he doesn't look like one." He jokes while placing a hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

I take a deep breath and nod before turning my head slightly to see Damon narrow his eyes suspiciously.

The sound of the front door opening is heard before anyone can say anything else and moments later, Val, Enrique, his mom and Axel walk into the room.

"Dad, how are you feeling?" Jax asks Enrique as they all take their seats at the table.

"I'm alright, figlio. The doctor said all I needed now was rest." Enrique replies while holding onto Val's hand.

"And I'm here to make sure he gets that." Maria speaks up with a serious look on her face.

"Nonna?!" Jax looks at her in shock. "Shit, I didn't see you. I was worried about dad."

"Yes well, it seems that everyone is worried about him except for your mother." She spits out, making Jax raise an eyebrow at her.

"For once in your life, can you just not talk?" Val asks her with annoyance.

Maria crosses her arms over her chest, "Who do you think you are to try and tell me what to do?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" Damon yells out while slamming his hands down on the table, making everyone jump.

My eyes dart between everyone at the table and I slowly pick up my caramel frappe as I lean back in my seat and quietly take a drink.

"Boss?" One of Damon's guards call out from the door.