33.

Beca rushed to her car with her hands shaking and legs trembling, struggling to open the door. "Hey, hey, I'll drive", Stacie gently take the car key from her hand before Emily held it as they got into the car. "I'll call her mom", Aubrey said, still taken aback. Beca couldn't think straight as she rubbed her sweaty palms together, looking out the window. "God, Stacie, can you hurry up?!", she snapped. "I'm trying", the taller brunette replied, not wanting to get into another car crash. They arrived at the hospital 10 minutes after they left where they were greeted by the nurses. "How may I help you?", she asked. "Uh- Beale- Chloe-", Beca stammered. "Chloe Anne Beale?", Aubrey stepped up as she placed a hand on Beca's shoulder. "She's in the surgical suite right now, I would have to ask you guys to wait in the waiting lounge", the nurse pointed at the lounge. "I need to see her, goddammit!", Beca hits the counter. "I'm sorry, ma'am, there's not much we can do right now but to wait and pray for the best", the nurse said politely. "Here", Emily slowly grabbed her hand and lead her to the lunge where they sat down together.

"Beca!", Cindy walked in with Chris. "Cindy, she's still in the operation room. I'm so sorry, I should've offered her a ride", Beca said with her voice almost breaking. "Hey, this is not your fault", Cindy cupped Beca's face before pulling her into a small hug. "Are you here for Chloe?", a man with a clipboard walked to them. "Yes, I'm her mother and this is her girlfriend", Cindy walked to him with Beca. "I'm Dr. Jackson, I was the one performing the operation on your daughter. Her car was crashed into by a truck who lost control over its brakes. Thankfully, the operation was a success, Miss Beale is currently resting. But unfortunately, she will be in a coma for no less than a month, due to head injuries. When Miss Beale wakes up, she will also have to be in a wheelchair because certain nerves system in her legs are not transmitting signals and functioning like they're supposed to. There is nothing we can do to help it but we can make it better, I'm afraid we'd have to let it recover naturally", he said. "But she's okay?", Beca's small voice spoke up. "She is, I believe there is nothing we can do right now but to support and pray for her and wait. If you'd excuse me, I need to go fill these reports in and I'll get one of the nurses to inform you about the fees and bring you the items that, I believe, belong to Miss Beale. You're allowed to go see her now, she's in room 402", he smiled. "Thank you, Doctor", Cindy said as he walks away. Beca grabbed her stuff and walked straight to Suite 402. She opened the door slowly and peeked her head in to see the redhead on the hospital bed. "God, Chloe", she sighed out when she rushed to the side of the bed and placing a small kiss on her head. "I'm here baby, I'm here, you take your time okay? But when you wake up, I'll be right here, my love", she held Chloe's cold hands and brought it to her lips. Everyone else walked in, unease seeing someone they love in pain. "See, baby? Everyone's here. We're all here, love", Beca said softly.

They stayed there for a few hours while Chris and Emily helped Cindy collect Chloe's stuff and paid half of the fees before they went home. "Yo, Mitchell, let's go", Stacie grabbed the car keys and everyone turned to her. "Uhm, you guys go ahead, someone's gotta look after her", Beca said. "You sure? We can come back first thing in the morning?", Emily asked her. "Yeah, you guys go ahead, I'll see you guys tomorrow", Beca smiled softly as she gave Emily a hug. "She'll be okay, she's strong", Emily said. "I know she is", Beca smiled. When everyone left, Beca linked their hands together and gave it a small kiss.