4.

Author's POV

It's opening night. Beca took her board and her backpack as she went down to leave for soundcheck. "Beca, I want to have a few words with you", John said while he sat on the sofa.

"I'm late so-", Beca was interupted.

"This Chloe girl. I'm moving you to different classes", he explained. Beca's face dropped. She hates him. "You can't do that! We broke up because of you, what more do you want? I'm staying in her class, I don't care". And with that, she left the house. She put her headphones on and out of the blue, she felt tears running down her cheek.

On the other hand, Chloe got herself ready to help around for preparation of the night. She was hoping to see Beca's soundcheck.

"Chloe, I don't think you should wait for her. Her dad made it clear! If he finds out-".

"I'll go to jail, I know! But.. but she's so worth it, Bree. She's worth it", Chloe rant to her bestfriend who sighed. It was strange to see Chloe so head over heels over someone, that's how she knew, Chloe realy love the brunette. "Anyways, you and Stacie?", Chloe changed the topic. "Oh, us? We're uh.. we're somewhere..?", Aubrey said unsure of her new relationship. "You're not so confident with that", Chloe chuckled out. "Well, it's just that, she's.. y'know, 18, and I'm old. I want something serious. Something I can hold on to and she, she prefers hookups and one night stands, I don't blame her. And I'm not complaining because- God! She's so good in-", Aubrey was about to explain. "Ew! I don't wanna know how good my student is in bed!", Chloe put her hands on her ears.

15 minutes before opening night

"Alright! Everyone please get ready. I'm talking make-ups, outfits, hairdo and Beca where are we on the wireless microphones?", Lance asked her. "It's ready to go", she replied and walked backstage to get her drink. "Heads up!", Emily shouted before tossing a tie to her. "Ugh why?", Beca groaned out after she realised what she caught. "You want to wear a suit instead of a dress so you get a tie, it'll look great!", Emily smiled. She then tried to put on the tie but failed miserably until she heard a voice asked behind her. "Need some help with that?", she turned to see Chloe in the sparkly green dress. She was taken aback and she admired every detail of the redhead. Her hair let loose as a strand falls down, covering a part of her eyebrow, her curves, her makeup. "This dress..", Beca broke the silence. "I wore in on our uh- first date", Chloe smiled before moving closer to Beca and starts fixing her tie. "Up", she ordered the brunette who followed her orders and lifted her head up a little. "Okay, just a little bit more", Chloe said and Beca stared at her, smiling. "You're done!", she smiled. "Thank you, you look, amazing", Beca said softly which made the redhead blush furiously, stomach filled with butterflies. "I'll uh- see you around", the younger woman said before walking away. Chloe suddenly heard some, 'ooohhhh', coming from behind her and she turned to see Stacie and Emily together in the corner, giggling like kids. "You look amazing", Stacie said to Emily, mocking the two of them. "Awh, thank you", Emily replied which made Stacie laugh. "Cut ittttt", Chloe sang out.

"Next, everyone, please welcome, Beca Mitchell!".

"Hey, I will be uh- singing an original for someone I truly love", she looked over at Chloe and kept her eyes on the redhead the whole time.

Flicker - Niall Horan

When you feel your love's been taken,
When you know that something's missing
In the dark, we barely had enough

Then you rest your head upon my chest,
And you feel like there ain't nothing left,
I'm afraid that what we had was gone.

Beca hit the piano keys and let her feelings flow down to the chords. Chloe felt herself tearing up.

Then I think of the start,
It echoes, a spark,
I remember the magic electricity,
Then I looked in my heart,
There's a light in the dark,
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me,
That I wanna keep
Please don't leave.

Tears rolled down her cheek and John who sat behind her noticed this. Beca's voice portrayed her feelings as she hits the end and her eyes were filled with tears. She stopped to wipe her tears before starting her second song.

That's Us - Anson Seabra

I should've known it wouldn't happen,
cause it wasn't right.
Almost thought we could've been something,
almost thought we could've tried.
I want you stealing my time,
eventhough I said, I wanna be alone.
Know it's only human,
but I never learn, I want you to myself.

I can take the fall, the pain, the pleasure,
You can take it all, for worse, or better,
but oh, what if we're wrong?
What if we're not, all that we thought?

Both Beca and Chloe had tears streaming down their faces as they thought about each other. Every now and then in the song, Beca would look at Chloe and it'd break her heart to see Chloe like that.

We couldn't help it but you know,
that doesn't make it right.
You say I'm selfish,
but I know you felt the same inside.

Everybody says its all okay,
Everybody says we're fine,
Guess someone else is what you need to make you feel alright.

Beca's voice broke down for the last lyric. "Excuse me", Chloe said softly before leaving the hall.