16.

Chloe's POV

"Look at you, you look so, profesh", Beca chuckled as she looked down at me and proceeded to wrap her hands around my waist. "Uh uh, I'm professional", I took her hands off me and placed them at her side. "I don't like professional Chloe", she pouted and took her seat before other students walked in. "Morning, Miss Beale", Emily said to me and took a seat next to Beca. "Emily, where is Miss Conrad?", I asked when I saw the empty seat next to her. "Oh, she is uh- she's with some blonde girl, around your age, I think her name is Aubrey?", Emily chuckled nervously. Chloe sighed out heavily when she heard a bunch of parents already waiting outside the class.

Author's POV

Stacie rushed down the hallway when she lost the track of time while making out with Aubrey in the car.

"I have to go", she said and Aubrey just hummed an 'Mhm' in response before leaning in for another kiss. "I'm serious, I have to go, baby", she said again. "Okay", Aubrey replied and leaned in to kiss her again. "Okay, now I really have to go", she took her bag from the back seat. "Okay, but leave your lips?", Aubrey smiled, making the brunette kiss her again. "I'll see you later", Stacie winked and got out of the car.

"Ms. Conrad, you're late", Chloe leaned against her table with her arms crossed. "Yes, about that, my car had some- uh- trouble", she said. "Take your seat, now", Chloe said and proceeded to take their attendance. "Alright, for those whose parents are here, I will have a talk with them about your progress in every class and in mine, but they are welcome to visit your other teachers. For those whose parents are not here, I will send an email to your parents about your progress and if they want to set up an appointment with me or any other teachers, they are most welcome to", Chloe explained. "Now, you guys can wait outside with your parents until I call your name", Chloe added. "Want me to stay here and help?", Beca asked when she saw Chloe a little stressed out, shuffling through her stacks of folders. "Sure", she replied and Beca grabbed another table and placed it right next to her's. She then took all the folders and placed them on the table. "Thank you", Chloe smiled. "It's no problem", Beca said.

"Hi, you must be Jesse's mom. Mrs. Swanson?", Chloe asked as she shook the lady's hand. "Yes, it's good meeting you. And Beca, it's nice to see you again", she turned her face to Beca who's on her phone and smiled. "Nice to see you again too, Mrs. Swanson", Beca smiled. Mrs. Swanson was so understanding when Beca broke up with Jesse and she was so nice while Beca was dating him. "So, as you can see here, Jesse really made good progress as he really improved in certain subjects from last semester except for Mathematics. That would be Miss Sara Lance's class", Chloe explained to his mother and Beca cringed at Lance's name. They discussed how to improve and maintain Jesse's grades because, despite his crazy obsession of wanting Beca back, he's actually... decent. "Well, thank you so much, Miss Beale. Have a nice day", Jesse's mother smiled at her and leave the room. "Here", Beca passed her water bottle to Chloe who then took a huge sip of it. "Who knew meeting parents of your devil kids are so tiring huh?", Beca joked and saw her parents walked in. "Although, I am a saint", she smiled. "Excuse her, she always needs a minute or two after drinking water", they all look at Chloe who had her head rested on the chair and her eyes close. "Hi, sorry, just a habit. Please take a seat", Chloe smiled and they both took a seat with Beca next to them. "Okay, so I have Beca's grades here from the last two semesters. As you can see here, she really improved this semester for some subjects and for others she just maintained in the same... range?", she said looking at Beca who's holding both of her thumbs out. "And she has perfect attendance, unlike last semester-", she raised her eyebrows, "- where she had missed a few days due to performances and gigs, I assume that's where she missed out a bunch of new pieces of information. And she has a great attitude in class, but I would suggest she be more open to working with people out of her group friend as that would be really helpful in the- future", she said. "I am open with working with other people", she protested. "Last time I paired you with someone else other than Emily and Stacie, you were being bitchy and for the whole day you called me a butt", Chloe looked at her. "I mean you were", she laughed. "Your maths grades dropped", John interrupted them. "Yeah, just a few marks lower, I'll do better next term", she said. "Who's her maths teacher?", he asked. "That would be Miss Lance", Chloe replied. "Do you mind calling her here so we could discuss it?", John said. "Why not, we go to her class and talk to her there? Chloe doesn't need to be there", Beca suggested. "No, I need to discuss this with both homeroom and subject teacher to result in an effective way of solving this. And, since well she's your-", John struggled, "My girlfriend", Beca added. "Yes, your girlfriend. It'd be good for her to be here so she can help you improve too", John said. John's a professor in a university so he knows his ways around school education. "I'll call her", Chloe said.

"Okay, she has one student left and will be here in a few minutes", Chloe said and placed her phone down. "So, how was your day, Miss Beale?", Kate asked. "It was very tiring, I talked so much today", she said. "Meh, there were worst days", Beca said unconsciously while looking at her phone. "What? I'm telling the truth. You talk a lot", Beca said when all three of them looked at her. Suddenly, her phone rings. "Yello? Mhm, yeah she is", she said in her call. "It's Aubrey. She wants to talk to you", Beca sang out. She stood up and walked to Beca and took the phone. "Who's Aubrey?", John asked. "Her best friend. Tall blonde, not so friendly, a little bitchy", Beca said, earning a light slap on her shoulder from Chloe before she walks away from them. "No, Aubrey, I get it, things are new, makeout and kisses but she's been late to class for a couple of days now", Chloe said. "Okay, please. I'll call you back later, bye-bye", she added a few minutes after and passed the phone back to Beca. "Everything okay?", the brunette asked. "Mhm, she's picking me up after school to help her with something", Chloe said. "I'll drive your car back to your house then", Beca said. "You don't have to", Chloe was about to say because her parents are there. "It's fine, your car needs some cleaning anyways", she joked making the redhead roll her eyes. "Well, since we're all here, Mom, Dad, I am doing something I barely do. I'm asking for your permission to bring Chloe to my semester trip and after that, we're uh- we're meeting her family", Beca turned to her parents. "Family? That is a big step", Kate replied. "Yeah, but I'm ready for any step with her", Beca smiled. "Okay", John said. "But dad, we're literally going to- wait. Did you say okay?", Beca's eyes widened, shocked. "Yes, only if you'll call your mother or me every day, just to make sure everything's alright. I see the way she makes you smile", John explained. "Thank you", Beca said, squeezing him into a small hug. "Am I interrupting?", Emily said as she walked in. "Oh no, we're waiting for Diablo herself", Beca smiled. "Here", she said and gave the food package to Beca. "It's Chloe's", Beca said and the redhead just hummed in response. "Food. You missed lunch", Beca said and gave some money to Emily. "Thanks, you're coming over tonight?", Beca asked which Emily nodded to. "Thank you", Chloe smiled at Beca.

"Alright, I'm here. Sorry to keep you waiting, I was with Stacie's dad", Lance said and took a seat next to Chloe. "Stacie's dad is here?", Beca asked. "Damn it", she said to herself when Lance nodded and went to call Emily. "Sorry, this is important- Hey, Ems, Stacie's dad is here. I'm almost done, I'll be there in a bit", she said and hung up. "What's wrong with Stacie's dad?", Chloe asked. "Long story, please, continue", Beca said. "Okay, so I assumed you saw her grades. In comparison to this semester's and the last's, the marks are just slightly different. What I would recommend for her is extra classes and perhaps more focus on academics. She is a very good student, she minds her own business in class but maybe she just lacks a little focus", Lance explained. "I would also suggest for her to get a study partner that she can understand and they could stay after school or something. Kara would be good for her", Lance said and Beca snorted when she saw Chloe's eyes went wide. "I agree but Kara might not be suitable. Benji should help her", Chloe replied. "I don't mind, both sound fine to me", Beca smiled. "Okay, thank you so much for giving us your time to discuss Beca. And Miss Beale, this is totally out of the blue but your necklace caught my eye ever since I walked in. Where did you get it from?", Kate chuckled leaving Chloe smiling to herself, fidgeting with her necklace and looked at Chloe. "A special someone got it for me", she blushed. "Oh-", Kate said, chucking when she realized it was from her daughter. "Whoever it is, they sure have a great eye and must've love you tons", Beca smiled. "Oh, I know, she's great pain in my ass though", Chloe joked. "I better get going", Lance said before shaking hands with Beca's parents and left the room. "I need to go check on Stacie", Beca stood up and took the car keys from Chloe's bag, "I'll see you guys at home and you-", she turned to Chloe, "What time is Aubrey picking you up?", she asked.

"I think she's on the way", Chloe answered.

"Okay, I'll just drop your car off when it's done. Give me a call when you reached home. Be safe, please", she booped the redhead's nose. "I love you, byeee", Beca said after leaving a quick kiss on her head. "Wow", was all that came out from Kate's mouth. "I've never seen Beca- like that", she chuckled, making Chloe blush. "Yeah, she really is something different", she smiled.