Chapter VIII: Library Day

Start from the beginning

Mirajane made sure that each of her otps were paired up, so she set up jobs and other things to do for the pairs. Happy was busy at the moment, he was with Carla somewhere out of the city to refill their 'ice stock'. Gray had insisted that he could do it himself, but Mirajane just shushed him and forced him do a job with Juvia. The water mage was more than elated to do a job with her Gray-sama.

"Ne, Natsu, if you want your Lucy, she's at the library with Levy." Mira whispered to Natsu.

"Levy is there?" Gajeel said looking up from his game of cards with Pantherlily. Dragonslayers had excellent hearing after all.

"Yesss," Mira hissed. "Fufufu!"

(A/N: 'Fufufu' is a common feminine way of laughter.)

"Hora, hora," Mira pushed the two dragonslayers to the door, but they didn't mind because they were eager to see their 'girlfriends' as Mira put it.

"Yosh! Lusheee! I'm coming!" Natsu yelled as he quickly scrambled out the door, because he was scared of the expression on Mira's face. Mira's eyes flashed at Gajeel, and for two seconds, she looked like her most powerful Satan Soul. Gajeel speedwalked away towards the library's direction.

"Dragonslayers," Pantherlily sighed while shuffling the deck. He felt someone burning two holes into his back. It was Mira, staring into his soul.

"Who should I pair you up with?" Mira hiss-whispered to herself. Pantherlily turned pale and dropped his cards.

---- o(ω' )o ----

"Yeah Levy-sama! You must really like Gajeel!" Yukino giggled.

"No! That's not it! I don't...really...mind?" Levy said all flustered. The girls were sitting in a circle around a table chatting about Mirajane's ship ideas, specifically Gale, rather than doing research about the Dragon Season.

"Lu-chan! Do you have all the books checked out?" Levy asked.

"Hai! Let's go!" Lucy said as she picked up a pile of books. The rest followed, each taking a small stack of 2-4 books and heading for the exit.

The small group of girls were walking along, and stopped at the entrance of the guild. They saw that Natsu and Gajeel were heading towards them.

"Lusheee!" Natsu cried, as he ran up to Lucy and gave her a tight squeeze.

"Natsu?" Lucy asked. He looked up at her.

"I was so scared," he said.

"I was only at the library," she sweatdropped. "Here, if you want me to stay with you, help me carry these books inside," she told him as she handed some books to him.

"Oi, Shrimp," Gajeel growled at Levy, but then turned all giddy. He skipped up to her. "Let's play! On the swings! Push me Shrimp-chan!"

"Shrimp...chan?" Levy deadpanned. "Again with the pet names," she sighed as she walked over to the park.

Yukino laughed, but was all of a sudden tackled to the ground and fell on her stomach, strong arms wrapped around her waist. She dropped her books. "It's a pervert!" she thought, and was about to kick the person on her. She turned and was about to jab her foot into this person's shin, when she met eye to eye with a certain puppy dog.

"Yu-chaaan! I missed you!" Sting snuggled into her back.

"Sting-sama, please get...off..." she was struggling under his weight. Rogue happened to tag along. He began to pull Sting off of her, but saw Kagura and immediately let go. Sting landed back on Yukino with a soft 'oof'. Yukino groaned.

"How did you find me?" she asked nicely.

"I followed your scent," he smiled. "You smell... so... good," Sting said between sniffs, but fell asleep quickly because of her soft rosy scent.

"I forgot about his great sense of smell," she thought.

Rogue stared at Kagura. Her hair and skirt were blowing in the wind, gracefully, and she smiled warmly at him.

"Rogue, the truth is, I've liked you for a long time," she said blushing. Rogue could make the tough and powerful Kagura blush?

But none of this actually happened. Rogue was fantasizing.

"Kaguraaa!" Rogue melted. Kagura came over to see what happened, but Rogue briefly collected himself. "It's not like I'm going to say yes to your confession, anyway," he stuck his nose in the air.

"What a two-face," Kagura sighed and shrugged. She went in to put her books down.

Mirajane rushed outside. "What is all this commotion? It's giving me a headac-" she stopped. "Oh, I see," she smiled, but it was a cold and demonic one. "Everyone is getting along well?" she looked at Natsu helping Lucy, Levy pushing Gajeel on the swings, Sting on Yukino's back, and Rogue staring intently at Kagura. She giggled.

Mira turned away and went into a corner. "Otp's have made some progress," she whispered into a bluetooth, but the others could hear her perfectly well.

"What's an otp?" Natsu scratched his head.

"Uh, um," Lucy started. She looked at the other girls for help. They shrugged. "You're not at the age to know yet," she flashed a fake smile at him. The girls gave a thumbs up at her.

"Yup, yup," Mira talked into the speaker. "Thanks Happy, you're a big help!"

--------------------------------

Somehow Mira has a big role to play in this story
But I might make a separate book on Mira's matchmaking :)
OoooOOooOh
What's going to happen next?
Who knows?
Psst I do
Don't forget to leave suggestions!

Please Vote, Comment, and Follow!

-Puffin-chan