09

"Yeah! I was thinking of you!"

The words echoed in Jinyoung's ears, bringing forth a bright red blush to his face.

"Ah... Is that so?" Jinyoung replied lamely, his voice quivered as he met Jaebeom's intense gaze.

The other looked extremely flustered but he did not back down as he continued to stare determinedly at him.

"I just thought you overheard some people talking about Elsa looking... good just now," Jinyoung explained, his fingers fidgeting with the hem of his sweater sleeve nervously.

Jaebeom shook his head, bringing up his hands once more to make exaggerated gestures to convey his honesty.

"I would never-" His arms formed an X.

"Find Elsa, a cartoon character-" He flapped his hands in the air.

"Attractive in any form or way, not when I have you." He finished, his hands coming to a rest on Jinyoung's shoulders.

Warm and firm, just like Jaebeom.

Jinyoung cracked a smile, a slight giggle slipped through as he reassured Jaebeom that he believed him.

"I believe you."

He watched as Jaebeom's eyes disappeared into happy crescents, his lips pulling back to show a wide grin.

"Please never think that I would have the hots for a cartoon character," Jaebeom pleaded with a laugh. "I was beginning to think I'd lost my chance with you because you thought I was weird." He admitted, pulling Jinyoung along with him while they headed towards the exit.

"I'm quite sure I'd still find you cute even if you had weird tastes," Jinyoung replied, his eyes gleaming with mischief as he aimed to provoke Jaebeom into becoming flustered.

Jaebeom was always looking cool and collected and it was rare for him to present himself otherwise. It was amazing that Jinyoung was the one to see the sides of him that no one else could.

"Jaebeom," Jinyoung called out, his voice wavering a little as they stepped out.

It had begun to snow and delicate whites fell from the sky.

The effect of the snow combined with the dim lights from the cinema that spilled onto the street only made Jaebeom look more handsome.

Jinyoung stopped in his tracks, his hand still warm in Jaebeom's.

"I have something to tell you." He said, swallowing nervously.

Jaebeom quickly realized the situation he was in and the easy-going smile he had stiffened as he tried to prevent himself from smiling wider.

Jinyoung held back his laugh as he watched the corners of Jaebeom's mouth twitch with effort. Even the smallest detail about Jaebeom was enough to make him feel warm, especially in his chest.

"I'm sorry for not having my memories... This would've been easier if I had even an inkling of the past. But, being with you was- is a magical experience and I want to be with you and take you up on that offer of making new memories together." Jinyoung spoke, his confidence waned with each word but he pressed on and confessed his true feelings to the one and only boy who'd still want him after being left on read for 6 years.

Jinyoung locked eyes with him, everything that surrounded them seemed to mute themselves as fade into the background. Leaving only Jaebeom.

"Really? Do you want that? With me?" He asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Despite how sweaty his palms were, Jinyoung refused to let go.

"Yes, only you." He answered with every bit of trust and confidence he could offer.

In a bubble of their own, the two continued to swap soulful gazes as their fingers intertwined. No one else mattered, there was only each other.

A rush of memories from when Jaebeom had stopped Jinyoung in the middle of the street just a week ago flooded his mind. Each and every moment where he felt like Jaebeom was going to overwork his heart came to mind as his heartbeat raced in the chest the more he stared at Jaebeom.

"6 years was worth it," Jaebeom mumbled, finally giving in to his urge to grin brightly.

His smile was blinding but it made Jinyoung's heart skip a beat as he let out a lovestruck sigh.

"I'll try to make up for 6 years of lost time," Jinyoung chuckled, "So... Will you be mine?" He asked, peering at Jaebeom with wide eyes.

Jinyoung could almost see the gears spinning in Jaebeom's head as he struggled to find the words to respond.

"I-I've been waiting for 6 long years, so yes, I'll be yours." Jaebeom stuttered out, blushing furiously as he persistently remained eye contact with Jinyoung.

Jinyoung, incapable of spewing any more words of confession, took the next big step and removed his hand from Jaebeom's grip.

"I'll be taking full responsibility." He smirked, placing both hands on either side of Jaebeom's shoulders.

"Wha-" Jaebeom was cut off as Jinyoung jerked him forward and pressed his lips onto Jaebeom's firmly.

His eyes slipped shut and his hands began to move on their own accord. One rested on Jaebeom's chest above where his heart would be and the other smoothly sliding up to Jaebeom's neck to keep him close.

Jinyoung pulled away slowly as he ended their kiss. Their mingling breaths becoming puffs of white smoke between them.

"Your face is red," Jinyoung commented, nothing the redness and the warmth that emanated from Jaebeom's face.

"It's because of you," Jaebeom responded quickly, a giggle escaped his lips. "Hopefully there will be a Frozen 3."

Jinyoung let out a noise of confusion. "We just kissed and you're thinking of Elsa?"

"I'm not! I thought we were past that." Jaebeom denied, adamant about his lack of attraction to Elsa.

Jinyoung tilted his head back and laughed, husky 'haha's filled the air as Jaebeom wrapped his arms around Jinyoung, holding him surely and tightly.

"Only you." He stated simply, hoping Jinyoung wouldn't question him any further.

Satisfaction gleaming in his eyes, Jinyoung leaned forward, meeting Jaebeom halfway as they shared a warm kiss in the middle of the street, outside a cinema with multiple onlookers.

***

we're almost. done.

pic attached at the start is how i imagine them to look in this chapter lol