05

True to his word, Jaebeom received an email from Jinyoung

They had parted ways in the middle of the street because Jaebeom's break was over and Jinyoung had somewhere else to be.

That left Jackson who begrudgingly watched his friends leave him on the street.

Jaebeom felt a little bad for completely ignoring his friend, Jackson, while in the presence of Jinyoung but he couldn't help it.

He had to make up for the missed opportunities.

To: defjayb@mail.kr
From: parkjinyoung0922@mail.kr

Subject: Hi!

How was work? I'm sorry that I couldn't stay to chat :(

Maybe I'll drop by the cafe when you're working next time haha

This is kinda awkward but as soon as I get my phone fixed we can text like normal people lol

I hope to see you soon! (And Jackson too!)

"Whatcha smiling at? New meme?"

Jaebeom flinched in surprise when Mark's deep voice sounded right next to his ear.

"Uh, no," Jaebeom replied, hastily locking his phone so that Mark couldn't see what was on his screen.

The older paused, his gaze moving from Jaebeom's phone to Jaebeom suspiciously.

"Hm." Mark hummed, easily flinging himself over the couch to sit next to Jaebeom.

Although Mark had always been a patient person, he didn't like it when his friends, especially Jaebeom, kept things from him.

Albeit like a sulky child, Mark snatched away the cushion on Jaebeom's lap and hugged it tightly, refusing to look in Jaebeom's direction as he reached for the TV remote and aimlessly switched channels.

Feeling a little guilty Jaebeom decided to spill the beans about what had happened earlier in the day.

"I met Jinyoung." Jaebeom fidgeted with the hem of his shirt as he spoke, "He broke his phone so we ended up exchanging emails instead." Jaebeom explained.

A wide grin appears on Mark's face as he lets out an almost childish giggle, "I'm just playing Jaebeomie, Jackson already told me!"

Of course, he did.

"So what're you gonna do?" Mark asked, glancing away from the TV to look at Jaebeom.

Jaebeom scrunched his face as he gave a shrug in response. "I don't know," He admitted, "It's just a feeling but I think Jinyoung lost his memories..."

"Well, you could always just make new ones," Mark suggested off-handedly, his attention already back on the TV.

"Yeah, we could always just make new ones," Jaebeom mumbled softly to himself.

*

To: parkjinyoung0922@mail.kr
From: defjayb@mail.kr

Subject: Hey! :)

I really want to quit my job :/ meeting you during my break was the only thing that got me through the rest of my shift haha

And you're right, emailing is kinda awkward lol

If you're free on Sunday, how about dropping by the cafe at 2 pm? My shift ends then.

See you! (Jackson and my friend, Mark, says hi)

Catching sight of himself in the mirror, smiling like an idiot, Jinyoung straightened up his posture and tried to regain his composure.

He was reading Jaebeom's email over and over on his tablet, welcoming the warm feeling that bloomed in his chest.

Jinyoung had gone back to his dormitory after his unexpected reunion with Jaebeom and Jackson.

While on his way back he thought long and hard and tried to recall every memory that related to the two.

Somehow, Jinyoung had a feeling that the 'emo fringe' boy that often appeared in his dreams was one of them.

Other than remembering old hairstyles, Jinyoung's memory bank was empty.

As much as he wanted to, Jinyoung just couldn't remember much about that particular period in his life, and he hoped that reconnecting with Jaebeom could at least bring back one or two memories.

Jinyoung set down his tablet on his desk, shoving aside his papers and textbooks to make space for what was more important at the moment.

Writing a reply to Jaebeom's email.

*

The email correspondence situation lasted for 3 days and in that time Jaebeom was the happiest he had ever been.

"Look at him staring at his phone in a daze... He's been like that these past few days." Mark said to Jackson, pointing a finger in Jaebeom's direction.

"He even giggles out of nowhere and blushes like crazy," Mark added, dipping his fry in ketchup.

The three friends had gathered at a McDonald's for breakfast like the unhealthy college students they were.

"Leave him be, it's his first love after all," Jackson noted, taking advantage of Jaebeom's dreamy state to steal a fry from his tray.

"Apparently he's seeing Jinyoung after his shift on Sunday and we're absolutely not allowed to 'interfere'," Mark said, embellishing the word interfere with air-quotes.

"Tell me about it," Jackson rolled his eyes, "After we exchanged emails with Jinyoung he threatened me with a smile to not reach out to Jinyoung unless he reaches out first."

"I've only emailed the guy twice!" Jackson continued, grabbing another handful of fries from Jaebeom's tray which earned him a hard smack from its' actual owner.

"Stop taking my fries." Jaebeom hissed, narrowing his eyes at his friends, "I have ears too y' know."

His friends shared a look and shrugged.

"I bet if it was Jinyoung he'd let him steal all his fries without complaint," Jackson commented, earning him a nod of agreement from Mark.

Jaebeom tuned out all further whining from Jackson as well as Mark's complaints and let his mind drift back to Jinyoung's cute face and the emails they shared.

He couldn't wait till Sunday.

*

jesus i had rewrite this 3 times because wattpad wouldn't save it.

anyways i'm planning for this fic to be about 10 chapters long and i guess we're halfway there!!!