02

When Jinyoung receives a message from an unknown contact with the ID 'defsnow', his first thought was to block the sender until he read the message.

'do you want to watch Frozen 2 with me?'

The message was so achingly familiar that Jinyoung froze suddenly while getting off the bus, causing several people to bump into him, inciting a string of curses being thrown at Jinyoung.

Thankfully, he was able to regain his composure and mumbled his apologies profusely as he pretty much just ran away from the bus stop in embarrassment.

With shaky fingers, Jinyoung typed out a reply as a gust of cold November wind blew.

'who's this?'

Jinyoung's heart raced as the nameless boy from his memories came to mind.

Blonde hair with the emo fringe that was popular back then, sharp intimidating eyes with thick brows to match, a pretty cupid's bow, and the one feature that Jinyoung remembered the most vividly was his red cheeks.

A feeling of warmth bloomed in Jinyoung's chest as he inspected the profile of the unknown number.

Jinyoung noted that his unknown contact had a siamese cat set as their profile picture and a Murakami quote as their status.

Jinyoung returned to the chat, watching the chat bubble appear and disappear rapidly until a proper message finally popped up.

'o shit u replied'

Jinyoung snorted when he read it, the previously good feeling he had about the unknown contact gone as he started to suspect it to be a prank.

'How did you get my number??'

Jinyoung chews on his bottom lip as he waits for a reply, his eyes trained on his screen. He ignores his surroundings as he walks home, his legs moving on automatic.

"Move!"

Before Jinyoung has time to react, a boy barrels into him, knocking the both of them onto the floor.

Jinyoung lets out an embarrassing yelp as his phone falls out from his grasp and the boy that barrelled into him doesn't even bother apologising before scurrying away, crushing Jinyoung's phone under his shoe.

Jinyoung is positively fuming and decides against screaming at the boy who was already a speck in the distance. Instead, he clenches his jaw and goes to pick up his phone.

Large cracks adorned his screen and Jinyoung had to exhale deeply while closing his eyes, willing himself to not run after the dumb boy and beat him up for breaking Jinyoung's phone.

His attention is then brought to the chat that was still displayed and Jinyoung read the messages, squinting to see the message through the cracks.

Jinyoung tried his best to use the touchscreen to type a response but failed to do so as the only area unaffected by the cracks on his screen was on the top left corner.

Feeling frustrated, Jinyoung gripped his phone tightly, switching it off as he trudged in the direction opposite from his home to go fix his phone immediately.

Today wasn't a good day for him.

*

Jaebeom sighed for the hundredth time that day as he stumbled into his shared apartment with Mark.

The older had an amused smirk on his face as he watched Jaebeom suffer from the consequences of his actions.

"Mark, why did I message him?" Jaebeom lamented, plopping down on the couch with Nora in his arms.

Mark shrugged nonchalantly as he took off his shoes, "You obviously still like him." He stated.

Jaebeom groaned and threw his head back so hard it hits the hardback of the couch instead of the softer cushion.

Jaebeom swore loudly at the impact causing Nora to jump out of his hold in surprise.

"He probably doesn't remember me..." Jaebeom mumbled while rubbing the back of his head gingerly.

"Mmhm, it's not like you were his friend." Mark replied, "Jackson told me that all you did was glare at him and gave him terse one-worded replies."

"That's not true!" Jaebeom protested a slight blush painted his cheeks.

"I tried to befriend him but he was so shy that I couldn't get closer to him." He explained in exasperation.

Jaebeom wondered if Jinyoung also thought of his creepy staring as rage-filled glares like Jackson thought.

As if on cue, Jaebeom's brain thought up a worst-case scenario where Jinyoung thought that Jaebeom hated him because of Jackson.

Jackson was a very friendly guy and also Jinyoung's neighbour, it was quite a miracle that Jackson did not succeed in making Jinyoung his best friend.

'Maybe that was why Jinyoung avoided you, he liked Jackson and you were in the way.' A voice in his head sounded out.

Consumed by sudden grief, Jaebeom sunk in his seat and sighed. He fully regretted not pursuing Jinyoung in earnest when he was a teenager.

He dug for his phone in his pocket, fishing the device out and opened the messaging app.

There was still no reply from Jinyoung.

Jaebeom's bottom lip jutted out as he clicked on Jinyoung's profile, noticing that the last time the boy was online was around 4 pm when he had left Jaebeom on read.

Jaebeom stared at Jinyoung's profile picture for a few seconds, wondering if he could ever meet Jinyoung again to make amends.

The boy who had stolen the heart of 16-year-old Jaebeom and left with it. And the sole reason for Jaebeom's singleness.

Jaebeom was totally unaware that even though Jinyoung stole his heart, the boy also left something behind in the form of Jaebeom.

***

hmm my last paragraph doesn't make sense but i love the drama (dw i'll make it make sense yuh)

happy new year everyone!