"I betrayed him... I betrayed him..." She sobbed.

I knew she was talking about Ian.

I hated seeing my best friend cry. I could never know what she's going through but I knew it was hard and difficult.

"I slept with James 2 days ago and ever since I've felt so guilty. I betrayed Ian by sleeping with him." Iris whimpered, "I'm a horrible person."

"No Iris don't say that." I promised grabbing her hand, "You're an amazing person. And you didn't betray Ian."

Iris wiped her eyes and threw the tissue on the pile of tissues.

"I did betray him. Ian was...is...my mate." Her voice broke.

I got up and pulled my best friend into a hug. I let her cry onto my shoulder and just held her.

"I know that Ian was your mate. But James is your mate too. Your second chance mate." I reassured her.

I felt her shaking her head. "I don't deserve a second chance."

"You deserve the very best this world has to offer Riss." I responded grabbing another tissue wiping her tears.

"Worst part is I left James during the night and haven't spoken to him since." She rubbed her head getting off the counter.

"Have you told him about Ian?" I asked.

"All he knows is that I had a mate before. But doesn't know anything else." She paced back and forth.

"Well, are you going to tell him? He will understand."

"I don't know. Are you going to tell Logan? About the men in armor?"

I told Iris about the connection between Logan's family and the men who ambushed me right after our date. I didn't tell Logan. I didn't even know if I could.

He hit me with the question of introducing me and seemed so happy that I couldn't bring myself to tell him.

I didn't want to worry him or make him go down that path that now made it worse that the same men were after me.

"I don't know." I said quietly.

It didn't make sense. Why the men were after me. No one knew I was Logan's mate at all. It was only a few weeks later that his 'mate' had 'died' but it was a rumor.

"The men said that 'he's been waiting to get his hands on me for years.' I don't think they were after me because of my connection to Logan." I began thinking.

"Nonetheless they wanted you. I don't think it's a coincidence that they're the same people." Iris stated.

She was right. I needed to tell Logan but not tonight. I didn't want to ruin the ceremony by telling him and him going into a frenzy.

Tomorrow. I'll tell him tomorrow.

~*~

I peeked out the window admiring the ceremony's decoration. Twinkling lights were lit among the trees and packhouses.

Decorative wooden tables that held the buffet were lined up perfectly outlining the meadow of grass.

Circle wooden tables and chairs were placed a couple of feet apart from each other having plenty of space for dancing and everyone having a place to eat.

Past the many tables and chairs was the dance floor that had lights outlining on the grass. And past the dance floor was the stage that had a gazebo setting above it.