Kindaichi told me stories and Kunimi would correct him when he over exaggerates parts of his stories. I would just laugh at them.

I got more comfortable, the closer we got home. It was actually fun hanging out with them, although they're only doing this as an act of kindness. I still hope this friendship won't end here.

"Oh this is where we part." Kindaichi let out a nervous chuckle. "I'll see you guys tomorrow, take care of (Y/n)." He gave Kunimi a look and Kunimi's cheeks turned red.

"You be careful!" I waved at Kindaichi and he smiled.

The moment Kindaichi left, it was quiet. It wasn't the type of silence that I enjoy. It was a lot more suffocating than I expected.

I felt my phone vibrate. I checked to see what it was, and it was a message from mom, asking me to buy milk at the convenience store on my way home.

Maybe I could escape this suffocating silence. I waited until we got to the convenience store, I didn't inform him yet. Once we're there I'll tell him that he should go on ahead.

The light emitting from 8 Eleven was bright. We were only a few more steps away from it. I decided to tell him now.

"Uhm.. Kunimi-san... I have to buy something from 8 Eleven.. You should go ahead, I'll be fine from here. Thanks for walking me home— I guess?" I smiled and ran to the convenience store.

I didn't let him respond. I didn't want him to respond. I'd only feel more nervous he said something.

Now that I'm here, I bought milk, and other foods and snacks I'd want to hide in my room for myself.

————

"Uhm.. Kunimi-san... I have to buy something from 8 Eleven.. You should go ahead, I'll be fine from here. Thanks for walking me home— I guess?" Kunimi-san... We live a street apart though.. But the name...

(Y/n) dashed to the store. She didn't even let me speak, am I that boring? When Kindaichi was still with us she was smiling a lot and she laughed like a child, but the moment he left it's like none of those happened.

I stood here, where she left me, trying to think. Not knowing what I'm actually supposed to be thinking.

I just looked at the store, walking at a slow pace towards it. Just when I got closer, a man outside seemed like he was eyeing and waiting for someone. I searched for what he was looking at and it was (Y/n).

The man's eyes were following (Y/n) as she roamed around the store. It's like this man is planning something dirty, his expression could scare any girl.

I waited outside, just by the door like I've planned to do when she left without me. The door opened and the bells rang. (Y/n) saw me and she turned red.

"Kunimi-san.." I took the bag of goods she had.

"I was waiting for you, I'll carry these." I smiled and her face just turned more red.

"I thought you left..." She looked away and I chuckled. I took her hand and kissed her forehead. "K-Kunimi—" I cut her off by kissing her on the lips.