Cobalt Recap - In Case you Forgot

After mistaking a bat monster for a drug dealer, Káel gets himself abducted by Ray, an alien posing as a Russian exchange student. He is taken to a new world called Lumi, fresh from a violent war against creatures called Novans. Two supernatural forces, magic and lumience, are also shown to Káel as he takes in the kidnapping. On Lumi,  Káel is forced to enroll in a combat school called Cobalt while Ray lies about being able to return him to Earth. Within the first week, he stumbles across a strange room in the school where he finds a generic stone that proceeds to stalk his every move. 

To survive the new school, he gathers a small group of friends, Vera, Talli, Alestra, and his roommate Truvius, somehow turning into a chaos magnet for the strange and sinister. His first hiccup happens when he rescues a baby dragon from a raging unicorn during Phys-Ed class, and decides to nurse it back to health in his room. While taking care of the dragon, he accidentally half-releases a Novan stuck in the rock stalking him. Calling him Phantom, Káel decides to keep the man a secret in exchange for homework help and company. He also strikes a deal with the dragon to be his guardian until he can get back to Earth in exchange for releasing it from a dragon hunter's cuff on its wrist, and gives the dragon a name, Puff.

After fighting the school's backlash in freeing a nomad dragon, Káel finally frees Puff with the help of a dubious locksmith in a neighbouring village called Soren. Meanwhile, his friends launch an investigation behind his back when he slips up trying to hide Phantom one too many times.  

As the days pass, Káel commits to helping Ray with his trip back to Earth, unaware that Ray has no intention of sending him home. To cover his tracks, Ray gives Káel an impossible task in retrieving an illegal artifact, and Káel is forced to expose Phantom to Vera while trying to complete the tasks. After successfully delivering the artifact, Káel uses the illegal object as leverage to accelerate the date for his return to Earth, while swaying Vera to keep Phantom a secret. Taking Káel's side, Vera tries to steer Truvius from investigating Káel's strange habits, but arouses more suspicion in the process, and Truvius looks to Ray for help. Ray brings the investigation's evidence to Samanthra, the head administrator of Cobalt, and Káel flees the school to protect Phantom from the Grand Council of Lumi and find a way to get him out of the rock. 

With the help of Soren and his friends he is able to collect all but one of the ingredients to free Phantom, and realizes the final piece is on Earth. Káel tracks down his strange uncle that had been watching over him on Earth, uncovering the royal second life of his parental figure and barely any information on why he was sent to Earth in the first place. After temporarily travelling to Earth with his uncle's help, Káel is brought back to Cobalt by the Council and successfully casts the ritual before they can uncover Phantom. Just after freeing Phantom, Káel is cornered by the Council, where an aggressive dispute between one of the representatives, Mr. Rudas, ends in mortally wounding another representative. Phantom takes the blame for the attack and flees Cobalt, leaving Káel to face a Council arrest for practicing ancient Lumience, and the goal of clearing Phantom's name.

I will create a more specific recap at a later date - this should just be a refresher