Character List - And Places!

Main Characters

Káel Aeric: A disaster magnet that is somehow still in one piece. He is the son of Mystral Aeric, thirteenth empress of Alta Staar, and nephew to its current ruler, Elisious Aeric - he's also the main character, but meh.

Truvius Minefeld: A refugee of the Mizer Islands who lives in the Garaean Empire, but attends Cobalt during his schooling. Along with being Káel's roommate, he is also a close friend.

Vera Strylaz: The second daughter of Cilvren Acadrius, crowned ruler of the Latos region. She has earned herself the title of the Latos Fireball - courtesy of the hair and the attitude. She's close friends with Káel, Truvius, and Talli.

Talli Fray: Content without a spotlight, and friends with Káel, Vera and Truvius, mostly because she hasn't said no to them yet. She has a natural knack for yellow lumience, and although outwardly peaceful, still knows how to put a face in the dirt.

Phantom: An cursed ancient Novan recently freed and befriended by Káel.

Raymond Peterson: A strange cyborg blond that kidnapped and brought Káel to Lumi in the first place. He is the highest ranking Elite at Cobalt, and holds a mutually disagreed upon friendship with Káel, and undisclosed ties to Earth.

Puff: A pure white ice dragon rescued by Káel during his first year at Cobalt. Káel's fun-sized and unforgettably adorable guardian and best friend. Do you even need reminding?

Cinder: Vera's guardian. A hot pocket young phoenix that follows her everywhere, and has befriended Puff.

Side Characters

Cobalt

Lady Samanthra: The head administrator of Cobalt, and Warlord.

Dedrick Mudelin: One of Káel's combat teachers, who is about as emotionally invested in his job as a barista is to remaking your drink, Karen.

Mylo Lightwood: Another combat teacher at Cobalt, tasked with giving Káel private lessons in the first year. Shifty is a compliment that he prides himself on. 

Ms. Metulas: One of the medical instructors of Cobalt who is also in charge of running the nursing quarters and not taking anyone's sh*t.

Ms. Vienta: One of the combat teachers of Cobalt who taught (or babysat honestly) Káel during his first year.

Sevastian: Goes by 'Sev', the male component's dorm leader of the silver house at Cobalt.

Horus Floyd: The debatably prickly purple house leader of Cobalt who is regularly associated with Vera for undisclosed reasons.

Mariel Strylaz: Vera's older sister, and one of the heads of the Breakers, a student run body that keeps unruly students and visitors in check.

Alestra Cabernon: One of Káel's friends who has more of an interest in Puff, and a strange slew of backhanded information.

Jade Cabernon: Alestra's twin sister.

Leon: A classmate and casual friend of Káel and Truvius.

Supernatural

Zalius Whitecrown: An executed ruler of the abolished Whitecrown Kingdom, who now passes the time chilling around a spirit tree in charge of making the forest surrounding Cobalt extra grumpy.

Tia: A soul enchantment in charge of Cobalt's security and service functions. 

Cursimian: An ancient weapon gifted to Káel by Zalius Whitecrown.

Jraelskin: An ancient weapon belonging to Phantom.

Outside Cobalt

Elisious Aeric: The fourteenth emperor of Alta Staar, and less impressively, Káel's uncle.

Ariabella Augebelle: Elisious' loyal right hand to which customer service always comes second.

Sora Lithraime: Káel's oldest friend who had spent years on Earth alongside him. She has connections to Elisious through her father, and her reasons for being on Earth with Káel are undisclosed.

Locke: A dragon riding assassin belonging to the Songbirds. 

Nel: Locke's guardian, a pure black female dragon.

Soren: A locksmith with debatable side businesses residing in the village next to Cobalt.

Avellaine: Stranger danger

Mystral Aeric: Káel's dead mother - not much more to go off of here

Valerans: A group of well-known dragon hunters, thought to have been in possession of Puff before Káel found him.

Songbirds: Not singers per say, just people with to-do lists that you don't want to be on.