Chapter 10

Grayson's POV

Sometimes I feel like Luke is trying to make my life difficult. We've only been at this mall for thirty minutes and I've already had to stop him from getting into a fight. TWICE! Luckily, I was able to stop Eli from putting all of them out of commission for the rest of the week, or vice versa (seriously, Eli's stupid back-talking ass is going to get him into some serious trouble one day). But then they just had to gang up on those betas while I was busy talking. If it wasn't for the fact that we've been friends since forever I would have ditched him already.

"Fucking relax G-dog, we didn't injure those betas THAT badly," Luke says, exchanging high-fives with the others in the group as we walk away from the scene they made.

"Tell that to the paramedics checking on them right now," I say. They aren't really paramedics, but actually gammas who happened to be nearby. Still, they have a lot of cuts and bruises to heal between those two. "You need to cool it with the overreactions and fights before someone gets seriously hurt."

"Oh please, when you become head alpha and make me one of your commanding officers, all we'll be doing is kicking ass and banging chicks." Another round of high-fives go around and now I have to put my foot down. Vic, already knowing what's about to happen, starts walking ahead to our destination. At least I have one sensible person in this group.

"Luke! Being a commanding officer is not a game! You will have an actual responsibility to protect the pack from real threats. Not pick fights with anyone who pisses you off every single day. Also, when I get my Luna I'm not going to be screwing around anymore. Understand?"

"I got it, I got it. All work and no fun. Sheesh, your Luna better be something else if she's going to keep you this boring," Luke says patting my shoulder.

Are you sure you want him to lead your armies?

I'm sure he does comprehend the responsibility it holds. He just likes to act all nonchalant.

Sure

AllI can do is sigh as we make our way to our destination, the Expressstore. The one at this mall mostly sells formal wear since there's a lot ofalphas that want to look their best, but can also quickly ruin a nice suit ifthey need to transform quickly. Though, I did hear about a new place that just opened up that's cheaper so who knows how long this place will stay open. Still, I want to look good when I meet my Luna, so might as well go for the best choice in town. As soon as we enter the store, I see Vic talking to the store manager, probably telling him what we're here for.

When the manager spots us approaching, he excitedly strides over to us; eagerly telling the others to browse through the store's collection of the finest suits they have to offer. The boys rush to the clothing racks trying to find the best suit for them, while Vic and I wait for the manager to retrieve our orders. I had already come here previously with him since we wanted our suits to be tailored and customized for the big event. Might as well have the finest outfit for yours truly to look good in. The manager comes back with a pleased look on his face as he hands us our suits covered with plastic protectors. We both got classic styled black suits, however mine had the pack's insignia embroidered in gold on the left-side lapel. "I hope these suits are to your liking," the manager says, giving a little bow to me.

"Yes, thank you for your hard work," I say, dismissing him. We start to make our way to where the others, when I hear an agonizingly shrill voice call my name. "Grayson, is that you?!" I groan as I slowly turn to the source of the annoying squawking. Which belongs to non-other than Kristy Brown, aka the ex from hell. I wish I could time travel back to freshman year me and punch him in the face for choosing to date this beast. Sure, she might look smoking hot on the outside; with her dark chocolate hair, light blue eyes, and Double-Ds that rich daddy dearest bought for her. But on the inside, she's a mega bitch that for some reason, I wasted two years of my life with.