Chapter 20

Grayson's POV

I take another deep sigh and down the rest of my sweet tea, watching as the sun sets behind the trees in Jaden's backyard. The smell of frying fish fills the air as Sticky Ricky and Vic debate over what is the best type of fish in the area to eat. Luke is chilling on his phone while his latest fling sits on his lap (I don't remember her name). Jaden is sitting next to me, downing her third plate of food.

It's a nice day of relaxation, but my mind keeps racing a million miles a minute with a ton of stressful shit. Between school, football, alpha duties, training, the rogue pack, and this confusing shit with Eli, I feel like I'm fucking drowning.

The good news is that football will end soon; playoffs are not looking good, and I haven't really been giving it my all. I also worked my ass off in my first three years, so that I can graduate early in December. So that's two things down. The Head Alpha responsibilities and training, I don't really mind, since they're making me a stronger leader. Which leaves the biggest problems: the rogue pack, and Eli. As much as I hate to admit it to myself, I think I'm gonna need some outside advice. Turning towards Jaden, whose finishing up her last few bites, I flick a piece of napkin at her face.

"Whaaaaat," she says, giving me a small growl as she takes her last bite.

"I need your opinion on something."

"No, I don't think a beard would look good on you right now. Give it twenty more years for when you have to cover up the wrinkles."

"No. What? No! This is serious Jaden."

"Uuuuugh, fine. I'll get into serious mode," she sighs, straightening up and giving me her full attention.

"Thank you," I say "Now, I already told you what happened a while ago with Eli-"

"You mean when you kissed Eli thinking that he was a hot chick? Or when you fell into a rut because you couldn't fuck him?"

"...Yes. Anyways, I don't want anymore weird events to happen between me and him. So, what should I do?"

"I'll tell you what you need to do," Luke intervenes, "You need to kick his ass to the curb! Break the bond and get this shit over with so that omega doesn't fuck up your life."

"Shut up Luke! Gray, you need to at least see if this will work out before you shoot down any chances. Have you even talked to him since that shit happened?" Jaden says looking at me.

"Not... really. To be fair, we've never really tried to talk to each other before, so I wouldn't even know where to find him."

"Bull shit. You both go to the same school. You both have after school activities and could talk before or after your practices. You even know where he lives! How have you not talked to him yet?"

"Well-"

"Well, what? Is the big, tough alpha too afraid of a little bit of conversation?"

"No-"

"The what's stopping you?"

"I don't know! Okay. Whenever I'm around him, it's like all formalities go out the window. He just frustrates me so much, and in the past we would just argue until one of us gets mad enough to leave. But now... now there's times where we... get along? It's like, when we're together, we're in our own little world and all I can look at is him! I don't know, it's all too confusing." I let out a deep sigh and run my hands through my hair.

"And let me guess. You can't make up your mind on what you two have. So, you want us to approve of the dangerous idea of breaking the bond, so you don't have to deal with these messy feelings," she's says crossing her arms.