Chapter 8

Elijah's POV

Uuuuuuugh. Everything hurts. What happened? I really don't want to open my eyes since I have a splitting headache, so let's use my other senses. Okay, I know that I'm lying down on a bed, since I can feel the fabric and pillow. As far as sound goes, I don't hear much, but there is a faint sound of someone breathing. So I know I'm not alone. Taste won't be very useful right now but I do taste something metallic, so I know that I probably have a cut on my mouth somewhere. Finally smell, I sniff the air and can smell the sterile scent that the nurse's office usually has. So, I'm in the nurse's office. Great.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," I hear someone say and instantly open my eyes in shock. Which I immediately regret with a groan, closing them again. Ugh, why is he here? Okay, what do I remember last? I was lured into a fight with Luke and his goons. I kicked all of their asses (though it did prove to be challenging). And then Gray showed up. But I can't remember anything after that. I guess I'll have to ask him what happened. Uuuuugh.

"What are you doing here?" I say, with my eyes still closed. Okay, so maybe not the best question to start with.

"Well, that's no way to greet your savior." I can just feel him smirking at his own comment.

"I'm not in the mood Gray. I feel like shit." I slowly start to open my eyes again and sit up, wincing at the sharp pain in my left wrist. Hopefully, that's just a sprain.

"Oof, such language. You're hurting my feelings."

"Look I just need to know what happened, so can you drop the sass for five minutes." I glare at where he's sitting finally getting used to the brightness of the room.

Realizing that I'm serious Gray drops his stupid smirk. "When I found you, you were finishing off the last alpha. You passed out and I carried you here. The nurse went to go take care of the others an hour ago."

"So why are you still here?"

"Well, the nurse told me to wait here with you, plus this is a good excuse for me to miss class so I don't mind." Of course, that's the reason, why am I not surprised. "Also, believe it or not but, I wanted to make sure that you weren't dead or something," he says, looking away from me. Wait, was he actually worried about me?

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah," he says, looking me in the eye now. He looks sincere, but no, there's no way. He's probably worried that he'll get in trouble somehow because I got injured. Yeah that's it.

Although now that I think about it, this probably WAS Gray's fault. I mean him and Luke are really close so I'm sure Luke told him about his plan. Which would explain how he knew where the fight was in the first place, and he "just so happened" to appear when it was over. Gray's the main one who wanted me to "know my place" so who's to say that he didn't plan all of this so that he could get off scot free!

"Heh, you almost had me fooled there for a second," I say, shaking my head.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh please. Am I really supposed to think that you're actually worried about me? You already knew that this was going to happen, you just wanted to make sure that you didn't get in trouble."

"What?!" Gray jumps to his feet and glowers at me. "I had no idea that Luke was planning on doing this! Plus, do you really think that I would stoop so low as to have a group of people beat you up. Come on, Eli."

"Gee, I don't know Gray, you didn't seem to hesitate using your alpha voice on me so I would "know my place"," I growl.

"That was an accident. And I couldn't even use it until recently. Besides I carried your ass all the way here when I could have left you outside with them."