Chapter 4

Elijah's POV

My life is over.

So. Over.

I can never show face at school ever again.

This is all I can think about as I lie under the covers of my bed. There's no way I can go back to school. I already skipped practice so coach would kill me anyways, I might as well skip school to. Everyone will make fun of me and bully for something I can't even control. It'll be even worse when I start having heats. Oh, moon goddess above, I'm going to go through HEATS! I bury my face into my pillow. My life is over.

And what about Gray? He'll probably laugh at me and make my life a living Hell with his alpha friends. Gray and I have always been seen as equals, rivals even, and to suddenly be seen as a weak omega. Well that just means that he'd be superior by default, and I don't like the sound of that. But what can I do? I'm just a weak omega now. Someone who will become submissive overtime and have to mate with someone superior than me or wither away. My life is over.

I suddenly hear a knock at my door. "Honey? It's mom, are you okay?" she says opening the door. I don't respond. "I just want to check on you since I heard you crying." Shit, I didn't even realize that I was crying. I quickly wipe my wet face on my sheets. "I'm good mom, thanks," I say. My stupid voice betrays me and sounds really wobbly. Before she can say anything the doorbell rings down stairs. "I'll be right back honey," she says, leaving the room. I hear my mom open the door and talk to whoever's there. It's not until I hear two sets of footsteps rush up the stairs that I realize who was at the door.

I hear a knock on my door.

"He's not gonna answer the door, you know that right?"

"Well it would be rude to just barge in Atlantis. What if he's sleeping?"

"Sleep-, boy move."

Atlantis barges into my room, with Milo hesitantly following behind her. "Hey! If your asleep than wake up!" Atlantis says, pulling the covers off of me.

"What the heck, Atlantis! Can't you leave me to wallow in self-pity." I say, snatching back the covers from her.

"No, I can't. Come on dude this isn't like you. So, you're an omega. Who cares? Because I can tell you right now, we don't," she says.

"Yeah Eli. I mean, I'm an omega too and you don't see me being all sad and grumpy," Milo says.

"That's different."

"How?"

"I don't know. I mean, you knew that you would end up an omega, but for me it's a shock."

"That doesn't mean that you should treat it like it's the end of the world."

"It is!"

As soon as I say that I regretted it. Milo flinches, his eyes wide with shock and hurt, then looks down at the floor. "Look, Milo, I didn't mean it like that," I say. I shouldn't be taking out my anger on him, he's just trying to help. It's not his fault that I'm an omega, and I shouldn't make him feel bad for being one. Atlantis looks like she's about to punch me, which I do deserve, but then Milo looks back up at me with anger in his eyes. Milo being angry rarely ever happens and to be honest I'm slightly scared.

"Remember when you said that no matter what, you and Atlantis will always be there to help and protect me. Well same goes for me as well. Will things be different from now on? Yes. Will people treat us differently from now on? Yes. Will there be times were shit gets scary? Yes. But we still have each other to lean on for support. I've been studying information on omegas for a little while now, so if you ever need help with knowing how to get through a situation, I'm there for you and so is Atlantis. So, stop treating this as a death sentence, get off your miserable ass, and take back control of your life!" he says, panting and adjusting his glasses afterwards.

I sit there on my bed in shock. He's got a point. He always has a point, and it's always right. Why should being an omega change who I am? It's just my sub gender, it doesn't define who I am for the rest of my life. And so, what if people think of me differently? If they don't like who and what I am then they can just fuck off. I'm Elijah for crying out loud! Amazing athlete, intelligent student, and all around super charming guy. This is not were my legacy ends, if anything it's just a new beginning of a chapter in my life.

"You know what, your right Milo. I'm not ending here, if anything I'm just getting started!" I say.

"Yeah," Atlantis and Milo say.

"Yeah!" we all shout. Thankfully my door is closed so hopefully my mom doesn't think we're too loud this time.

For the rest of the afternoon Atlantis and I listen to Milo as he tries to teach us everything we need to know about omegas and what they need. I'm not gonna lie it's a lot to take in. But luckily, I have someone like him to remind me if I forget anything. After a couple hours they leave to go home, and I'm left alone to process everything. Things will definitely change starting tomorrow, and I'm still a little bit scared. But I know that whatever happens next, I don't have to face it alone.