Chapter 15

Elijah's POV

They're here.

"Head Alpha, Luna, welcome to our humble home. I hope everything is to your liking and that you enjoy your time here," my dad says as we all slightly bow to our guest at the front door. I've never seen the Head Alpha and Luna up close before, but I can definitely see who Gray gets most of his features from. They're both pretty tall, but the Head Alpha practically towers over everyone here. He also has the same blue eyes with a gold ring as Gray (the gold ring around the pupil being a trait passed down to all Head Alphas).

But Gray's skin tone and hair are a mix between the Luna's caramel complexion and brunette hair, and the Head Alpha's olive tone and blonde hair. Dammit, why did Gray get such good genes? Why couldn't he just be ugly? Not that I'm saying that he's attractive, no, not at all. I just wish that his strong scent of pine wasn't making him seem that way right now. Gray looks towards me, catching me starring, and I quickly look away. I can practically feel him doing his stupid smirk towards me.

"Please, rise. If all goes well then, we will just be family to you, not pack members with rank," the Head Alpha says. My dad practically springs back up and shakes his hand, leading them to the dining room. I really wish that I could roll my eyes, but I don't want to be rude (or caught). Dad sits down with Gray's family while mom and I go to the kitchen to make sure dinner is all prepared. At least this keeps me away from Gray for a while longer. We're about to start plating when we hear someone enter the kitchen. To my surprise it's Conner. "U-Um, sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to see if you guys n-needed any help with anything," he says fidgeting with his hands.

"Oh, we're about to start plating the food, but your welcomed to stay and hang out with us until we need help getting the plates to the table honey," mom says with a soft smile. "I know hanging out with the boring alphas can be overwhelming at times." Leave it to mom to be a great ice breaker. Conner relaxes a bit, giving a small smile as he sits on a stool by the kitchen island. Connor has the same blonde hair and olive skin tone as his father but he does stick out a bit from his family. Since his eyes are dark grey and he has freckles scattered across his cheeks and nose. Not to mention he's barely taller than my mom; and she's 4'11.

We continue with our task and mom keeps the conversation going. "So honey, tell us a bit about yourself, what do you like to do?" she asks.

"Oh, um, I-I'm into photography, but I'm not that good," he says looking down at the counter.

"So, you're a creative soul! I'm sure your photos must be lovely. Eli here is really into drawing and painting," she says, nudging me with her hip.

"Thanks for broadcasting my life mom," I say.

"Oh hush, I'm your mother. I'm supposed to brag about how talented you are. So, Conner, what do you like to photograph?"

"Um, mostly nature stuff, like trees and flowers. But I'm starting a new Still Life portfolio right now," he says.

"Branching out is always exciting, it can teach you new techniques and open yourself to things you might find even more interesting. If you're okay with it I would love to see your portfolio when you're done," mom says.

"O-Okay," he says, with a small smile. Despite how formal his parents are and the fact that he's related to Gray, Connor seems like a good kid. A bit shy, but has a good heart overall.

"Well, I think we're done! If you still don't mind could you help us carry these out to the others?"

"Yes, Mrs. Matthews," Conner says, grabbing some plates.

"Oh, call me Sofia. Mrs. Matthews makes me feel too old."

"Oh sorry, Mrs. Sofia," he says, leaving the room.