63| "surgery" and searches

tw // throwing up, blood, unsanitary "surgery", major character death

after namjoon recovered from the shock, he turned back around, vision still blurry around the edges, but he could clearly see weisoo. he could clearly see him lie on his back, eyes wide open. he could clearly see his fingers still limply wrapped around the gun's handle. he could vividly see blood dripping down his cheek, now spurting out to cover his entire forehead...

   namjoon turned around and threw up again. every time he recalled the image of weisoo's lifeless body—which is right behind him—he'd gag. he then turned his head, and watched as ryujin kneeled by weisoo, blocking him from his view. he was thankful for it, because he didn't want to throw up again.

suddenly, ryujin lied with her back on top of weisoo, which namjoon thought was a weird way of displaying compassion or empathy to a dead body but if he couldn't move, he couldn't comment about it. only he was surprised more when she grabbed his arms and wrapped them loosely around her neck, and flipped their position so that weisoo's upper body was lying on top of her. the whole thing was getting stranger, even when she grabbed ahold of each of weisoo's thighs to wrap them around her waist, and she tried to stand up, leaning forward—

oh, she's carrying him! this makes a lot more sense. namjoon thought dazedly, watching as she bent down just a little, and managed to let go of one of weisoo's legs. she balanced him on her back, before grabbing his crown, hooking it on her elbow before holding on to him again. she then turned her head to namjoon, before walking towards him.

"lean on me. we need to get out of here."

ryujin's commanding tone and sudden change in behaviour made namjoon very scared to disobey. and so, he put his hand, one not holding his side, on her shoulder, before the two of them wobbled towards the broken exits in the ballroom with weisoo's body.

just recalling the word "weisoo's body" made namjoon gag again.

¥¥¥

seokjin remained where he was, watching as hoseok staggered out of his sight inside the palace.

   the commotion and everything gradually died down. seokjin watched people walk past him either dragging dead bodies or supporting their injured peers. it was outstanding how some aristocratic royalty and nobility managed to fight so fiercely for their lives... but then again, it was this life in particular that was full of danger. not to mention that dr. park's orginization had been the one to have it out for hoseok, ever since he was a kid. it'd make sense they'd attack when he was unguarded in an event such as this. the promenade was always unguarded, but was rarely attacked.

   at the thought of dr. park, seokjin's mind wandered back to the moment he shot him after ruthlessly beating the shit out of him. he felt like he accomplished something, something much more than just doing his bodyguard duty. he was satisfied that he killed dr. park, doing something greater like... like...

   i kept my promise.

   he looked back before he got full of himself, back at the palace, ignoring the small swell in his chest.

   it was almost empty save for the dead bodies lying across the ballroom floor. it was only one or two people leaving—wait no it was three! and they seemed to be struggling. he wanted to wait for hoseok to come back but it seemed that there were more injured people in the small group than unharmed... he had to help.