17| post-situation thoughts

hoseok felt like shrinking at the moment, feeling trapped between answering seokjin's upcoming questions, or talk to weisoo. he decided on the latter, figuring that namjoon's matter should be postponed for now. "ahh! bro! nice to finally see your nose out of your books!" not subtle, not subtle, idiot... hoseok mentally scolded himself as weisoo frowned at him, obviously weirded out by hoseok's behavior. "is there... something you wanted?"

"well no, but i thought something was wrong because of your shouting," weisoo said, stepping into the room and closing the door behind him. hoseok's heart thumped violently against his ribs so hard, that he felt they were about to break. "you okay?" he asked in a concerned frown, and hoseok exchanged a look with seokjin, who just stared back blankly.

   weisoo was a man with a fairer complexion than hoseok, but he had the same curious brown eyes. he wanted to know about hoseok and spend time with him, and even though hoseok was slightly annoyed by this, but he found it kind of cute as well. however, right now, hoseok didn't need weisoo interfering. it was just not the time.

   "i'm fine," hoseok found himself replying, breathlessly smiling at his brother. he sensed that weisoo didn't buy it, but he tried pushing it a bit more. "i just need some fresh air. seokjin?" taking his own veil from the bed, hoseok swiftly walked out of the room, followed hesitantly by seokjin, who bowed at weisoo before exiting.

weisoo looked back to their retreating backs, before he moved close to the door. after making sure no one saw him, he silently shut it behind him, and then turned back to face the inside of the room. slowly walking towards hoseok's mirror, he leaned forward and opened his stepbrother's jewelry box. there were many gold and silver rings inside, along with several jewels and glistening diamond-encrusted pendants...

   he scoffed lightly, grabbing one of the precious diamond rings and twirled it in his hand, before looking at himself in the mirror. slowly, his smile began falling, and he quickly dropped the ring back into its place before he put his black veil back on. he swallowed, exiting hoseok's room.

¥¥¥

   "i'm so sorry, your majesty, i—no, it's not that, but taehyung—i know, i-i understand. again, i apologize." hanging up on the queen, (who had given him her bodyguard's number prior and told him to call her whenever from there) namjoon looked back at taehyung, who was writing something in some copybook. he wracked his brains for a way to tell his little brother that they won't visit that person who brought him the long lost happiness ever again because of a stupid mistake he made.

   but the longer namjoon spent inside his house, and not going out anywhere, the more he wandered back with his memories to chaeyoung's face and hoseok's. he found that they both had the same eyes, same lips... the same nose, which namjoon felt fond of for unknown reasons. he shook his head vigorously, stop thinking of his face!

   and as he wandered deeper into his memories, he recalled the feeling of the blade at his throat, and if hoseok didn't wait or hesitate, he wouldn't be watching taehyung smile to himself right now. fuck, fuck, i messed up... this matter wasn't going to be easy to let go. he ruffled his hair, looking for something he could busy his hands with, so that he didn't take taehyung in a choking hug. he was here, he was with taehyung and he was okay.

   all he had to do was recover from the fact that he was about to die, and then get back to work. judging from the money in his possession, he had enough for the week he took days off of. yoongi better not be mad at him—but it wasn't like namjoon could tell him... so he would let him be mad.

   he then looked at taehyung with a small smile. "hey," he asked, moving to the corner of the room to be beside him. sticking his side to his, namjoon tried to see what the kid was writing. "what'chu have there?" he was surprised when taehyung suddenly closed his copybook, preventing namjoon from seeing anything. his eyes were cute when they were wide that namjoon couldn't help but coo at him and take him into the hug he told himself he wouldn't do.

   "hyung!" taehyung said with a small whine, pouting and trying to wriggle out of namjoon's hold, but the latter didn't let him, except after ten seconds of immense struggling. namjoon sighed dramatically, leaning against the wall and waiting for taehyung to speak. "it's a... a secret."

secret? namjoon thought to himself, while nodding at his brother. taehyung keeps secrets? from me? not to be really annoying and nosy, but namjoon didn't think that taehyung knew the word "secret", but then again, he was left on his own a lot, so maybe he picked up a few words from tv. still, the thought bothered him, because if there is one secret, it could lead to several others.

"okay." namjoon replied, still not feeling sure about whatever just happened.