62| the massacre [PART 2]

tw // guns, blood, violence, major character death, use of derogatory terms

namjoon didn't think much about people chasing him—and he should have, because he was in the middle of a literal massacre. he just wanted to find taehyung and run away from the world... maybe take hoseok with him or something, he didn't know. he just wanted out, he couldn't take this any more.

at last, he found a gun! he didn't know if it even had bullets, but if it gets to scare the people who would attack him, then there was no harm in keeping it—unless of course namjoon accidentally shoots himself, but even he isn't that uneducated. he covered his head when he heard the onslaught of gunshots, and started crawling. where? he didn't know, but all he could do was just try and find a safe place to think. he couldn't risk being lost in his thoughts and getting himself in harm's way.

he managed to move out of sight into the hallways—which was hard considering he was one of the few people with white suits. he felt nauseous as soon as he made it out, seeing all the blood, all the bodies, and hearing all the screams... as soon as he found himself alone, he threw up near the wall in a hallway, unable to contain his stomach's content any longer.

he then stood up, chest moving rapidly, and held the gun in both hands. he needed to find taehyung as soon as possible. if he wasn't in the ballroom, he had to be somewhere around here...

he trudged along the hall, his body weighing him down. he was exhausted, yet fright was the only thing keeping him going. worst case scenarios popped into his head... don't be silly, namjoon, he's fine.

   he's fine.

¥¥¥

   "well, well, if it isn't his majesty!"

   hoseok kept still, zoning out from all the sounds in his ears except for dr. park's voice. he felt his energy slowly come back, but he couldn't move just yet. he watched as dr. park crouched down on the grass next to his head, and bend down so he could sport a filthy smile, head tilted to the side.

"send your father my salutations," dr. park taunted, fishing a gun out of his pocket. from the corner of his eye, hoseok could see seokjin's bleeding harshly... and he struggled to move. hoseok didn't know why. hoseok wondered about the reason dr. park would bring up his father, unless he wanted to relate both his and hoseok's (future) deaths to each other... that would just be cruel. dr. park moved the gun so that it sat between hoseok's eyebrows, pressing into his skull. "it was fun watching him die for you."

wait what?!

hoseok's eyes widened. seokjin stilled and stared with a dropped jaw as dr. park cackled at the looks on their faces. this didn't make any sense, hoseok thought, dr. park... he was the one who... can't be. can't be. "what...?" he asked weakly, unable to find his voice, his question ending up as a mere whisper.

"i was younger back then, but yes, i was there," he clicked the safety off. seokjin's struggles renewed. hoseok couldn't believe it... somehow it made sense: how he managed to get all those people into one place to aid him, how he got ahold of weapons. being a doctor couldn't possibly be the only thing that got him all this. it all made sense. "and not to mention seeing the look on kim's face when he knew that his pathetic ex-boss died—he let out a laugh and slapped his knee—priceless."

"you..."

"yes, me." dr. park's free hand wrapped around hoseok's neck and squeezed harshly, not giving the king a chance to breathe. "it was all me. and now i'm going to end everything here with you. it's time to say goodbye!"