Popping the big question

September.15 2020

At CatCo

Kara was nervous wreck. She was pacing around her office, fiddling with the ring she made in her suit pocket. "Nervous?" Joked James, who was standing at the entrance of the big office. Kara looked up to see her friend. "You have no idea." Sighed Kara. James walked up to her hand gave her a hug. "I know how hard it has been for you. Mostly when she left, but look now...You are doing it! You got the girl and now you want to spend the rest off your life with her. I mean, I was even worse when I proposed to Lucy." James said, who smiled at Kara warmly. Kara smiled and gave her friend a hug. "I better get going." Answered Kara and grabbed her stuff, before entering the elevator.After that, she left the building, went to an empty alley and flew to her house to get changed.

At the Luthor and Danvers Household

Kara entered her house through the balcony and was soon greeted by Krypto, Koron and Mithen. "Hey buddies! I'm going to propose to Lena today!" She said excitedly. The pets either wagged their tails or flapped their wings happily. Quickly Kara got changed into black business pants and a white, plain button up shirt, which she tucked into the pants and showed her muscles and fitted her body perfectly. Then she took the velvet box from a drawer and put therein in. 'I'm doing it.' Thought Kara. After that, she said her byes to the pets, change into her suit and flew to L-Corp.

At L-Corp

Lena was typing on her computer, till she heard a familiar thud on her balcony. She turned around and was met by her 'girlfriend', studying proudly in her super suit and smiled bright like a star. "Hey love." Lena said and kissed Kara softly on the lips. "Hey Zhao, you ready?" Kara asked, who smiled warmly at her and had definitely heart eyes. Lena reins and eyebrow, nearly having no idea. "Ready for what?" The Luthor asked curiously. "It's a surprise." Kara said. Lena quickly pack her stuff and got everything nice and tidy, then Kara picked her up bridal style. Supergirl then flew into the beautiful night sky.

At the Lighthouse

Kara landed softly in font of the light house. She then put Lena softly on the ground, afraid of hurting her and then held her hand. Lena gasped. "It's beautiful love." Len said and pecked Kara's cheek, which left a lipstick mark on it. Kara super sped into civilian clothes and Lena did really like the view. The Super then took Lena's hand, interwining their fingers and led her to the top of the lighthouse. The Luthor was surprised when she saw a table with food, candles and roses. "Love, you didn't have to do this." Lena said and kissed Kara on the lips, full with love and appreciation. After they broke, Kara grinned like an idiot. "I have to because you are just amazing." Kara said softly and looked at Lena, as if she were the stars. Both of their hearts melted with the love they have for each other. They walked to the table and Kara as the usual gentle woman she is, pulled Lena chair and let her 'girlfriend' sit first. "Thank you love." Lena thanked. Soon they started to eta and drifted into comfortable conversations. Suddenly Lena gasped. "Did Kara Zor-El Danvers make Kale salad?!" She used in disbelief. Kara just laugh and nodded a 'yes'. "I did." Said Kara, while giggling.

After eating they were star gazing for a bit and Lena loved how Kara gets all nerdy about it. Lena was cut out of her trans when Kara asked: "Wanna go for a walk?" The Super held out her hand and gave her a charming smile. Of course Lena took it and was led out of the lighthouse. They walked though the soft, white sand , hand-in-hand and gazing at the stars. The waves of the ocean splashing through rocks. Suddenly Kara stopped on her tracks and looked at Lena, who seemed a little surprised. Kara ran behind a little bush and took out a ukulele. "I did not see that coming." Joked Lena and made Kara chuckle. "There are many things you will not see coming." Replied Kara with a smirk and it made Lena's heart skip a beat.

Kara started to play a melody, which sounded oddly familiar to Lena. "Wise men say only fools rush in. But I can't help falling in love with you." Kara looked into Lena's eyes, showing all the love she has for this woman. "Shall I stay. Would it be a sin. If I can't help falling in love with you." Lena had happy tears fill her eyes. How did she get so lucky, or better....How did they get so lucky? Well they both don't know, they've just found each other. Lena keeps on falling in love with Kara even day and never gets tired of if and does Kara. The blonde sang the song softly,with all the love she tries to show in her voice. "Like a river flows surly to the sea . Darling so it goes, Some things are meant to be." They never broke the eye contact they have, both looked into each other's eyes, that was filled with love...with pure love. "Take my hand , take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you." Kara stretched out one hand to take, while the other played the chord of the ukulele. Gladly Lena took it and started to cry. There was a small instrumental part, but then Kara let go and continued to sing. "Like a river flows surely through the sea. Dealing so it goes, Some things are meant to be. Tale my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you."Kara stopped playing with the ukulele, but let the chords echo through the night. She took Lena's hand and let go of the instrument and looked into her green orbs full of love. Ocean eyes met Kryptonite eyes. "For I can't help falling in love with you."

Now Kara was on one knee and her eyes were filled wth tears. Lena gasped when she realized what was happening. "Lena Luthor...You have stolen my heart from the day I've met you. When I left your office, I knew I've left my heart with you. It's always been you and always will be, because we are meant to find each other...And we did. We had our ups and downs but every friendship and relationship has that. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you my identity early enough. But a simple mistake, has brought us here. Who knew a Super and Luthor could be together? Well for me...Nothing is impossible. I never cared bout your last name, to me it's just a name. All I want is to wake up next to you for the rest of my life, to spend my life with you everyday, have a family and grow old together. And I was wondering if I could make you to Mrs.Luthor-Danvers. Will you marry me?" Kara said that speech only through her heart. She took out the velvet box and showed the ring that she made out of the asteroid. Both were crying and Lena squealed: "Yes! A trillion times yes!"

Kara slid the ring into her fiancé's finger and they kissed deeply. A kiss that was filled with pure happiness, joy and love. "I love you." Lena said, and wiped the tears away from Kara's cheeks. "I love you too." Kara said and kissed Lena softly on the lips. Both broke the kiss once again and smiled, they smiled that theaters couldn't outshine their brightness. Kara led them to a small bench that wasn't far and they both cuddled and gazed into each other, because all they could see was love in their eyes. Then Lena look dat her ring. "From where did you get the ring? Because I never saw one like this." Lena asked curiously and observed the ring carefully. Kara looked at her and smiled. "When I was in the dark matter zone, all I could think was you and that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. But then I saw an asteroid and noticed the materials rather quick. I took all of the rarest materials out if it, because you Lena Luthor-Danvers are truly out of this world and the perfect ring must also be out of this world. The band is made out of Osmium and Rhodium and the stone are Space Peridot's and a black diamond." Kara answered, who was looking onto the ring she made for her soon-to-be-wife. Lena was clearly shocked and did not expect that. "It's beautiful honey, but the ring doesn't matter to me. For matters that we love each other till death do us apart." Lena said with love in her voice. The Super smiled and kissed the Luthor again. Right on time, a falling tar could be seen through the sky. "I love you, with all my heart." Kara said. Lena smiled warmly and said: "I love you too, with all I have."