Chapter 12

ok so for those of you who didn't know my reference it was from 'Ice Age 3:Dawn if the Dinosaurs'. I am now continuing this story and here we go. There is a one year time skip.

Kaiden POV

Kaiden was standing on the veranda of his house looking over the ocean and beach that was on the east side of his home. He was watching Alex walk along the sand barefooted, smiling as the water brushed around her feet. He saw her laugh and walk out into the water until she was knee deep, she then turned towards him and waved. Kaiden waved back with a smile on his face.

Kaiden walked back inside to the kitchen where a small picnic basket was waiting for him. He opened it up to see if everything was in there: the food, the drinks, the cups and plates, and the picnic blanket. He checked his pockets to make sure he had the surprise, and finally he walked down to the beach to join Alex.

Once he arrived on the beach Alex ran over to him and gave him a hug. She then looked between him and the basket and asked,

"Whats in there Kaid?"

"Call Xira and you'll find out"

After a few moments Kaiden heard large wing beats coming towards them. With a large thud Xira landed and brought his head down to eye level so that they could see him properly. Suddenly Alex pointed at Kaiden and he looked at her in question.

"Xira wants to know where we are going and i told him to ask you" she said

"Ok. Um.... Xira can you come over here for a second so She can't hear us"

Xira laughed and replied, "Surprise hey, she's not going to like this"

"We'll see"

"Ok, explain away"

Kaiden lowered his voice to a whisper so Alex couldn't hear them, "Can you please take us to the wild flower island in Draekora or if you know a place that Alex likes better, then could you please take us there. I have something special planned for this evening."

"Sure thing, and she wont get anything from my thoughts. I promise."

"Thank you"

With that the conversation was over, and not long after they were on Xira's back, flying through the skies. As they neared Draekora Kaiden put his hands over Alex's eyes so that she couldnt see anyhing. Instead of taking them to the wildflower island Xira dove into a lake on one of the islands - only after warning first to hold their breath and hold on - and swam until he emerged into a cave with a warm sandy beach, two big oak trees with their leaves casting shade over half of the beach and any light that entered the cave had a beautiful green tinge to it.

"Can i see now Kaid. I dont like surprises."

"I will uncover your eyes in 3...... 2....... 1....... And"

Kaiden lifted his hands and Alex gasped in surprise. Kaiden quickly set up their picnic - right underneath the trees - and sat down, gesturing for Alex to do the same. They talked and laughed for hours until the light in the cavern started to fade and Xira set a few torches on fire.

"Alex..." Kaiden said quietly, "I have something i need to tell you"

"What is it Kaiden"

"Alex... ever since our first combat lesson I knew that you were amazing. And ever since our first SAS trip I knew that i loved you. You are my one and only Alex.... My one and only."

Kaiden stood up and then dropped down onto his left knee with a pitch black velvet box open in his hands. Alex gasped in shock and tears had sprung to her eyes.

"Alexandra Rose Jennings... Will you marry me?

"Yes. Of course I will. OMIGOSH Im getting married. Oh God"

Kaiden put a hand to her mouth to stop her from rambling. He then pulled her in for a deep, passionate kiss. As he kissed her he thought, 'Now she's mine Forever and Always'