Chapter 6

(Alex's POV)

It had been a year after the war and the time for mourning was over. It was just after dawn and Alex was making her way up Mt Paedris to see Niyx. It had been a few months since the battle of Graevale and since he had died to save Alex from the killing stroke of Vae'varka.

No one knew that she was going up to the mountain, but she wasn't surprised when she saw Kaiden there waiting with Soraya. Alex muttered under her breath about her wolf being a little traitor as she walked over to Kaiden and leaned on him for support while looking over the academy grounds far below them.

"I dont particularly like you right now Alex," Kaiden whispered in her ear and before she could say anything he continued "I was awoken at the crack of dawn by Soraya here, who isn't polite and just jumped all over me before whisking me up here in the cold."

Alex felt bad and she made sure that he knew, but when she kept saying it over and over again he reassured her that it was fine and that he'd been trying to get a few quite hours alone with her - without Jordan, Bear, Declan or D.C interrupting.
At that comment Alex's face went a crimson red and she buried her face into his chest.

Kaiden slowly managed to lift her head only to see her giving him her best death stare which he ignored and gave her a short, but sweet kiss on her lips before telling her that they should go back to the academy to get some rest before classes. She nodded and together they descended the mountain in silence.