四十八 | Yon Juu Hachi

Start from the beginning

"Lisa~"

Jennie's husky voice carried along the echoing mute forest— the whisper caused some tingles to run down Lisa's spine, and she jolts up from the ground. The sudden lurch caused a painful sting to course through her body from her wound – in the dim darkness, you could see how awfully pale Lisa had become. It may have been due to the fact that the blonde was slowly losing quite a few number of blood.

Lisa pushed herself to run again. Her breathing was heavy, some of her hair stuck to her sweaty face, her eyes were dropping and the blonde felt faint. Yet even if she felt utterly dizzy and weak, her adrenaline still shouted at her to run and run— don't stop.

The blonde strained her ears to try and locate Jennie's whereabouts, but still, Lisa couldn't feel the other girl's presence.

'Jennie wasn't lying when she said she was good at hide and seek or tag'

Lisa's hazel eyes zeroes in on a narrow light up ahead, a wash of relief overcomes the blonde after realizing it was the exit of the forest. It seems like her memory of the layout of the wooded path and sense of direction came back.

The blonde went on a full throttle, speeding up her burning legs just so she could burst out of the awful forest. Her brain only had one thought, and that was to get the hell away from there—get the hell away from Jennie.

Her heart tugged at the thought of the raven head, but Jennie's previous confessions rang loud and clear inside the blonde's head. Lisa grit her teeth, she continues her hasty steps – the loud scrunches under her feet were ignored.

The forest was far too quiet, no sounds of crickets nor the howling wind can be heard. It was a wonder how Lisa could not hear Jennie's own chase, or it may allot to the fact that her heart was beating rapidly in her own chest that everything was just a buzz to the blonde.

Lisa felt herself wince when she clutched her injured arm, she put too much force on gripping it due to her nerves. Her breath became shallow as the adrenaline started to wear off, her legs were burning in exertion but her brain was still screaming at her to keep going.

The blonde has no idea where to go if ever she gets out of the fucking forest. It's not like Lisa had a plan first hand on what to do. Although the University was vast— how could she hide or get away from Jennie when the girl practically owns the entire school?

Plus it looks like Jennie and Jisoo were a bunch of fucking lunatics—could Jennie's own family be the same? Were they also aware of the evil deeds the two Kim's did? Jennie's family looked normal, far too normal in Lisa's eyes when the blonde had dinner with them— but Rosé was right from the beginning, the Kim's were very good actors when it comes to presenting themselves in front of people, but once you turn around – they change into cruel beings you had no clue about.

Which begs the question, how could Rosé and Nancy get out of the forest? It seemed like the two knew where they were going– but do they really? Lisa still had so many questions pertaining Rosé and her involvement with the Kim's, but she had no definite answer as to what is going on.

Based from the brief conversations they had, all Lisa could deduce was the fact that Rosé seemed to have been kidnapped but Nancy acted as the mediator between the Aussie and Lisa via texts. But why the riddles? Why couldn't have Nancy or Rosé just outright tell her from the beginning?

What the hell was going on? Why was Lisa left in the dark? What's with all the secrecy? Could everything had not escalated to the point where people died if only the blonde was informed from the very beginning?

Lisa never truly knew Jennie—and that's what hurts the most.

Rosé's words lingered on the blonde's head – like a broken record playing over and over again.