Combining forces

"I take it your not happy..." Horatio glanced at me as we entered the reaper realm and headed for the Grand Building.

"I am not." You answered. Horatio remained silent but accompanied you to the senate room.

"Miss.(You last name) back so soon?" The Chancellor sung. He arose from his seat and made his way over to us. Pushing his jet black hair out the way revealing his ice blue eyes more clearly.

"Don't talk to me like you have a curfew on me." You snapped glaring at him.

"Didn't go well then." He looked to Horatio who shrugged.

"He's most likely not going to back away from the investigation." You said hurriedly as you paced the room.

"What about working alongside?" The Chancellor suggested. You snapped your gaze up to meet his own while Horatio was using his hand as if to cut his neck off at the Chancellor.

"That is the worse idea I've ever heard." You spat.

"It may benefit us..." The Chancellor went on, glancing to Horatio who threw his hands up as if to give up.

"The last time I worked with Ciel Phantomhive it ended badly." You narrowed my eyes at him.

"Noted."

"(Your

name) how about you relax and go see Grelle." Horatio suggested.

"Good idea." You nodded.

"I'll stay here with the Chancellor and see if we can work something out and come to an agreement."

"You a lifesaver Horatio," you smiled walking over to him and hugged him tightly. "I'll see you later," you let go and left the room and begun to walk back to the house. The house you were staying in was practically next to the Grand Building as you were always being called back for work. Opening the red door a distinct smell of earl grey tea hit your nostrils.

"Grelle?" You called out as you walked down the hallway and stood in the lounge doorway.

"Oh hello darling!" Grelle stood and hugged you "Tea?"

"Yes please," you sighed and sat down in the armchair.

"You look frustrated..."

"I am."

"Tell me what happened." Grelle handed you a saucer and cup full of steaming tea.

"I just went and visited Ciel Phantomhive." You said staring at your tea. You shot your eyes up at Grelle who was now joking on his tea.

"Sorry," Grelle spluttered "Did you just say Phantomhive, darling?"

"Yes. The Queen has asked him to be involved with the killings case, we needed someone to go and warn him to back off the case as we're handling it." You explained.

"Let me guess, he said no." Grelle glanced at you over his red glasses.

"He put up more of an argument then a simple no. This is Ciel Phantomhive we're talking about here."

"Little convenient that you were the one to visit him?" Grelle smirked.

"I said I would go. I thought it would be nice just to see how he's doing but he seems adamant on forgetting the past." You huffed as you drank your tea.

"It was four years ago darling," Grelle smiled sheepishly.

"I know, but it doesn't mean he had to be rude," you rolled your eyes.

"Please tell me you didn't go alone." Grelle said on a serious note.

"No, I took Horatio with me."