Breaking point

Mey-rin grabbed your wrist and led you outside into the rose garden, you probably just needed some girl time. The sun was beginning to set and supper would be served soon. The sky was a beautiful orangy pink colour and clouds lightly scattered the sky.

"What are you confused about Miss.(Your name)?" Mey-rin asked getting straight to the point. You sighed as you picked a rose from the garden and plucked the petals as you both walked through the gardens.

"Ciel." You whispered.

"The Young Master?" Mey-rin repeated. "What about him?"

"He's changed so much. I know we didn't exactly part on good terms..." you murmered.

"Well the Young Master has had a lot on his plate," Mey-rin nodded. "He's become stricter in general..."

"Mey-rin can I ask you something?" You asked stopping.

"Sure." She smiled. Glancing back at the mannor you tried to set your head straight.

"Is Ciel still betrothed to Elizabeth?"

"Well Miss.(Your name)... It's complicated." Mey-rin nervously glanced around before sitting on the bench dragging you along with her.

"Mey-rin, honestly if you'll get in trouble don't worry." You smiled sadly. You'd be willing to let this slide even though it's been bothering you for a while now, especially as you didn't want Mey-rin to be told off.

"Well, before you arrived the Young Master and Elizabeth had officially called it off. That's why he's been so stressed since your arrival." She informed. "However..."

"However, why is there always a however!" You sighed. Maybe you might have seemed a little to enthusiastic.

"Earlier, before you left I over heard Ciel talking to Sebastian about how they have decided to put it all back on...."

"Right....."

"You like the Young Master....don't you?" Mey-rin smiled sadly.

"I-I don't know. He's arrogant, rude, impulsive. The list goes on Mey-rin, I can't believe at the age of eighteen he's changed so much." You frowned.

"With all due respect Miss.(Your name) you've changed as well." Mey-rin stood.

"Iv'e had to though." You stood with her.

"I should go help with the dinner now," Mey-rin bowed and hurried away before you could thank her for her time. You didn't know how to react exactly to the news you heard. Part of you was angry and another lonely. There was no way you would be able to work with this running through your head, picking up the bottom of your dress you hurried inside and straight to the study.

"You really aren't familiar with knocking are you?" Ciel hissed.

"Congratulations." You spoke as you gently shut the door behind you.

"Excuse me?" Ciel frowned.

"Congratulations on your engagment." You said a little louder watching Ciel closely.

"I don't know what your talking about. Get out of my study." Ciel stood quickly and moved to look out the window with his back to you.

"I honestly don't know why your being like this Ciel. I was going to find out sooner or later." You folded your arms across your chest.

"I do not have to answer to the likes of you!" He raised his voice.

"Why are you marrying her?" You stepped forward, the tension crackled in the air above you. "I thought you didn't feel that way towards Elizabeth?"

"And what do you know about feelings?" Ciel shot turning round to face you.

"Too much." Ciel laughed at your response.

"Your a heartless reaper, you know nothing of emotions." Ciel narrowed his eyes. His words struck you right in the heart, where it hurt the most.

"It's better than being a heartless human." You spat back. "With a demon running errands."

"I'm not heartless. I love Elizabeth."

"You keep telling yourself that Phantomhive." You moved to the desk and leant against it. "Iv'e been with you through thick and thin and saved your life! Regardless of your careless words all them years ago about me being a reaper, I went back for you! Now reunited again you treat me like rubbish. How dare you Ciel!" You were close to tears but you held them in, you couldn't show him you were vunrable.

"Why do you think this concerns you? Hm? You left after all. Yes, there was a time when I think I loved you." Ciel menacingly walked towards you as you started to breath heavily. "But I was a boy. A careless, innocent, niave boy that needed to grow up. Who could love you? You kill for a living. You think you have friends here but they only work for you. Life is a compertition to the top, everyone wants a position at the top. That's the closest they'll be and they'll do anything to stay there." Ciel stopped right in front of you, towering above your small frame.

"You are unloved and unwanted. I am only co-operating because I have to for the Queen's sake." Tears began to roll down your cheeks, you couldn't stop them. Ciel reached out and cupped your cheek you tried to move away but he held you in place. "You mean nothing to me." He stared right into your eyes. You felt like your heart was just ripped out of your chest and chopped up into a million tiny bits. Ciel let you go roughly and you hurried away slamming the door behind you with tears streaming down your face.

A/N

I know its a short chapter but it felt kinda heavy to write and figure it would be heavy to read too so its only a little chapter today. I so look forward to reading your comment especially the hate comment towards Ciel :D Its the exact effect I want you guys to have right now! Was also wondering if anyone had a spare moment could they improve the cover of my book? Lets seee :) Please fan, vote and comment as always. THANKKKKKKS ^^