kuroo x reader x kenma

Start from the beginning

I actually didn't want to play at first. My body's been extremely fragile and weak that I'm not allowed to play sports, but interest grew in me.

Kenma, Kuroo and I were practicing our spikes and receives, both of them were doing well but I couldn't keep up with them. My body started to fail me.

"(Y/n), do it properly or you won't be able to spike." Kenma furrowed his brows, I nodded gasping for air.

Kenma tried and tried to help me but he grew impatient of me. I kept on making mistakes, and he got mad at me.

"You're so weak! You can't even receive a ball properly! We've been playing for years but you're still not doing anything right! You lack discipline, and those who lack discipline are useless."

Kenma yelled at me. He was really mad at me. I fell back, my knees grew weaker as I trembled hearing him say those to me. I felt my chest tighten, and tears fell from my eyes nonstop.

"Kenma you took it way too far." Kuroo helped me up and brought me home.

I cried in bed, remembering his words. I'm not useless. I'm not weak, it's just that this body is! How can he say that?!

I was sent to the hospital and after getting hospitalized for a week, my family moved to Miyagi and I've never heard from Kenma since then. Only Kuroo kept in touch with me.

I trained and I trained. I did everything I could to prove him wrong in the future. My third year in middle school got me well recognized, my school won and I became MVP.

What he said to me then was not real.

End of flashback

I slammed my face on to my desk not caring if everyone's eyes were on me. I'm in the same class as Yamaguchi and Tsukishima and I could really feel them laughing at me— well that four eyes is laughing.

Hours later, it's now time for practice. I used wristbands and mueller for my wrists. They're not in the best condition as of last summer so I have been wearing these since then.

We headed to the boys' gym and started practice. Most of their time was self practice, improving their serves, spikes, receives, and blockings. So we had to do the same.

"Sorry it's long!" Yuji-san apologized, thinking she made a mistake with her set. What they know is that I'm right handed but they didn't know I could use both left and right. I spiked the ball down with my left hand and people shot me surprised looks.

"L-Lucky!" Kairi-san said and I shook my head. "N-Not lucky?"

"Don't worry I could use both." I said and picked up the ball.

"Y-You could use both hands?! That was amazing!! You went like WHAM!" Hinata smiled waving and making gestures in the air.

"T-Thanks I guess?"

Training went on and finally after hours of nonstop drills and games, I'm finally home. I jump to my bed feeling the soft cushion under me.

My phone started ringing and I already knew who it was, there was no one else.

"Hey kitten~" Kuroo, as usual sounding like he's flirting with me. "We'll be there tomorrow."

"Never asked. Was never curious."

"Hey why do you always act like I was the one who hurt your feelings back then? Hello? I'm the one who comforted and took care of you when you were admitted." I rolled my eyes as he once again tried to praise himself, to make me praise him.