Chapter 14

Two Years Later

-Reed-

I'm in Philadelphia for a meeting. Todd had moved back from Delaware two weeks ago. I had driven down to visit him a few times, and he had come to Baltimore twice. Our friendship has never been the same since I married Cheryl. Cheryl and Todd are cordial to each other but are not friends.

Todd and I agree to meet for dinner at the Irish Bar. I walk in and see Red. He waves to me and gets my beer.

I quickly inform Red, "No whiskey, please. I have to drive home later."

"Food?" he asks.

I nod. "Yes, please."

Red smiles at me and puts my order into the system.

I decide to text Cheryl.

Hey, Babe.

Cheryl replies,

Hey! How was your meeting?

I texted.

It was excellent. We got the contract.

That is awesome! Are you still having dinner with Todd?

I smile at her encouragement.

Yep. I'm waiting for Todd now.

I respond.

Be safe driving home. I love you!

I smile.

I will. Love you, too!

Todd walks in as I put my phone away.

I stand and reach out my hand to him. "Hey, man!"

Todd reaches out his hand. "Hey!"

I shake Todd's hand. "It's good to have you back."

Todd smiles. "It is good to be back."

We sit, eat, and catch up. Time goes by very fast.

I check the time. "Well, I best be going."

Todd smirks. "Wouldn't want to piss off the little woman."

I give him a stern look. "You know that Cheryl isn't like that."

I pay the bill, and when I stand to leave, I feel a little unsteady. I place my hands on the bar to keep from falling over.

Todd grabs hold of me to steady me. "How much did you have to drink, man?"

"Only a couple of beers." I'm struggling to keep myself from slurring my words.

"Well, you know that I can't leave you to drive. Give me your keys." Todd demands.

I do as he tells me. I lean on him as we leave the bar and get into his car. I try to get my phone out of my pocket to let Cheryl know I will stay with Todd, but I drop it before I pass out.

***

My head is pounding. What the hell? Where the fuck am I? I feel movement next to me. Cheryl? I turn over and come face to face with fucking Patty. I peek under the covers, and we're both completely naked. I'm in shock.

Then I hear Cheryl screaming outside of the room. "Where the fuck is he, Todd."

Todd yells back, "Bitch, I don't need to answer to you. Especially not in my house!"

I panic and go to jump out of bed when all hell breaks loose. The door flies open, and Patty sits up, letting her tits exposed for all to see, while I stand there before my beautiful wife, completely naked.