Chapter 6

-Cheryl-

Work has been so busy this week. Between new client meetings and overseeing ongoing jobs, I barely have enough time to breathe.

Kandie walks into my office. "Do you have a second, Cher?"

Kandie is my best friend. We met when we were in college and started this business shortly after graduation. She's my rock. I trust her more than anyone else in my life.

"Of course, Kandie. What can I do for you?" I ask.

"I have a client who's insisting that she ordered a different material for a couch that was delivered this morning. Can you get me the original order form for the Campbell's?" She replies.

I keep all of the originals in my filing cabinet. People often don't like what they ordered and try to blame us for messing it up, so we always keep the original order form so we can prove that what they ordered is what they received.

I turn my chair around and find the file. I hand it to Kandie. "Here you go. Good luck!"

Kandie smiles. "Thank you."

She pauses a moment in my doorway. "Is there something else?" I inquire.

Kandie answers, "Not really. I was just wondering when you were going to introduce me to this Reed guy that has put this constant smile on your face."

I can't help but grin. "I don't know. I'm not sure what we are? Our sexual chemistry is off the charts, and we tell each other everything. As far as meeting my friends, I don't know. Our time together is so short when he's here that we want to spend every second together."

Kandie nods at me with understanding. "I get it. It would just be nice to meet the guy is all that I'm saying."

"I know." She turns and leaves me to think about what she said. It's not that Reed doesn't want to meet my friends. We have so little time together that we don't like to share our time with anyone else.

Speak of the devil. I receive a text from Reed.

Hey, Beautiful. Are you still planning on visiting this weekend?

I smile.

Of course. Did you think that I would back out?

I see the bubbles that indicate that Reed is responding.

No, I know how things can go with work. I'm hoping no emergency client issues come up.

I laugh to myself.

I already have Kandie on call for any emergencies with any of my clients. Wild horses will not keep me away from you!

His response makes my panties wet.

Happy to hear! See you tomorrow! I can't wait to devour you!

I smile, knowing exactly how my response will affect Reed.

I can't wait for you to devour me!

We say goodbye, and I'm like a giddy school girl so excited for tomorrow.

***

It is my second time visiting Reed in Philadelphia. He mostly comes to me because of having business in Baltimore. We've been seeing each other for over a month now. There have been no, I love you's or will you officially be my girlfriend, but he has been my exclusive partner, and he tells me that I have been his.

I pull up to his apartment building and head inside. The doorman has my information and allows me to go up the elevator to Reed's floor. When the doors open, I walk to his apartment number and knock on the door. A moment later, he flings open the door and pulls me into him.