Chapter 8

-Cheryl-

Reed and I are on our way to a historical adventure. Our first stop was Independent Hall, where the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were debated and adopted late into the 18th century. After our visit, Reed and I walked hand in hand across the street to see the Liberty Bell. Seeing this iconic symbol of our Independence had me in awe.

We walked several blocks to a cafe, Frieda's. It is small but feels so big inside because the restaurant front was all windows. The ceiling is open to the point that you can see the structure and venting.

We take a seat beside the window. "Thank you so much for today, Reed. I'm enjoying myself."

He smiles. "It's been fun, and I haven't seen these sites since I was in grade school. You don't have as much appreciation at that age as you do as an adult."

"I could not agree more.," she said.

We smile at each other before giving our attention to the menu. "What looks good to you?"

Cheryl looks thoughtful for a moment. "Hmmm. The crab and shrimp toast looks good to me."

"I'm thinking the tarragon tuna salad," I announce my choice.

Cheryl looks back at the menu. "That sounds good, too. The entire menu looks delicious."

We place our orders. Lunch was fantastic. After we finish, we head to our next destination, the Philadelphia Museum of Art. We spend over two hours viewing sculptures, paintings, prints, drawings, photographs, suits of armor, and decorative artwork. We didn't have time to see everything that the museum had to offer.

We had a dinner reservation at 7:00 and still had another stop before we needed to go back to Reed's to change before dinner. I made Reed promise to bring me back later before we left to see the Franklin Institute.

The Franklin Institute, named after Benjamin Franklin, is one of the oldest science centers of education in the US. Groups of school children on field trips filled the museum. There were so many hands-on displays for us to enjoy. I felt like one of those children as Reed, and I experienced the hands-on activities. Again, it was too soon that we had to leave.

"Baby, if we don't leave now, there is no way that we are going to be on time for our reservation." Reed insists.

I pout, "Okay, Babe, but you're going to have to bring me back here too."

Reed laughs. "I promise that I will, now let's go."

He takes my hand and kisses my forehead before we make our way back to his car.

I kiss Reed lightly on his cheek. "Thank you for such an incredible date. It has been the best day!"

Reed gives me a disarming smile before opening the passenger door for me. "I have had a great time too. I'm delighted we did this, and the day is not over yet!"

"Mmmm, dinner!" I moan.

We arrive back at Reeds and change for the evening. We pull up to the restaurant right on time. It reminded me of the cafe earlier today, but it was more upscale. We were taken to a table for two in a secluded corner of the restaurant.

Reed ordered a bottle of champagne. "You look amazing tonight. Red is a great color on you!"

I'm wearing a tight-fitted red dress with lace over satin. My midsection has a peak-a-boo cutout that exposes my skin. I see the heat in Reed's eyes and don't doubt that he would love to bend me over this table right now.

"You look pretty amazing yourself," I manage to say as I see Reed undressing me with his eyes.

Reed is wearing snug black pants that accentuate his perfect ass and a pale blue button-up tight shirt. You can see his muscular body quite well. He left the top three buttons unbuttoned. I feel the heat in my loins as I check him out again. Damn! I hope we make it through dinner without jumping into each other's arms.

The waitress returns with our champagne, breaking up the sexual tension between Reed and me.

She gives Reed a taste for his approval. "Excellent."

She gives Reed a flirty smile before filling his glass and mine. I find myself feeling jealous at the way she's looking at him. Her blonde hair and blue eyes are pretty, but that flashy red lipstick is way over the top. Reed watches her leave, then turns back towards me.

"Like what you see?" I cringe at my tone of voice that is dripping with jealousy.

"Who, her?" Reed answers as he nods his head towards the blonde.

I shake my head. I don't trust my voice,

"Babe, I'm not going to lie, women like her used to be my thing, but looking at her and then back at you makes me realize how fortunate that I am to have found you. You, Cheryl, and only you are perfect for me," Reed explains.

I blush and lower my eye in shame for feeling so jealous. Reed reaches over and lifts my chin till our eyes are locked together.

"You complete me, Cheryl. When I'm with you, I feel whole again. You have brought light into my dark world. I want to be a better man just for you. I'm falling hard for you," Reed confesses.

How he feels about me can be seen in his dark, sincere eyes, but hearing these words, damn, my heart beats out of my chest with feelings that I've never felt before. Could it be love? I don't know, but whatever it is, I want more.

Reed interrupts my thoughts. "It would make me the happiest man on this entire earth if you would agree to be mine and only mine. I want a relationship with you. I want to take this extraordinary life journey with you by my side. Cheryl, will you be my exclusive girlfriend?"

Happy tears are running down my face at his beautifully expressed words. He says that I'm perfect for him, but he's ideal for me as well. I'm so excited to have his feeling for me out on the table. Kandie had put a sliver of doubt into my mind that Reed's words have now removed.

"Yes! Yes, I'll be your girlfriend! I'm falling for you too, Reed. You make me feel things that I have never felt. No other man has made me feel treasured and cared about as you do. I, too, would love to see where this life's journey takes us together," I cry.

We both lean over our small table, place our hands on the table to steady ourselves, and kiss like no one else is in the restaurant. Our kiss is sweet and seductive, and I almost pulled back from Reed to tell him to take me home and have me for dinner. That is until the fucking waitress interrupts us once more. She clears her throat, and we both sit back down.

I seriously want to bitch slap her ugly red lipstick off of her face. How rude of her to interrupt our obvious tender moment. I don't hide my irritation as we place our orders.

I was astonished to hear Reed say after he placed his order, "We will take this to go. I have some pressing matters to take care of at home."

He wiggles his eyebrows at me, and I raise mine in surprise. Just like that, anticipation replaces my irritation.

*****

Forgive or ForgetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara