Veinte

"Tu me manques."

-Le Francais

The table is arctic by the time I get there.

Well, since only Tate and Dante are around I'm guessing that some thing happened in their room or on their way here because I've never seen them upset with each other.

Well, Tate probably overstepped.

The boy has that tendency... it's irritating.

This, however, was a chance to show Dante that I wanted to be there for him. It's funny how my thoughts change so much. Earlier this term I'd been adamant about ignoring all my feelings for Dante, but now... I wanted this to work out.

Because I knew how he felt and I just needed to prove how I felt.

"Hey Dante," I said, kissing his cheek. He mumbled a response and angled his body towards me, still radiating an air of discomfort but paying attention to me. It was time to take his mind of things. "Want to play our game?"

"Not in the mood Blanca. Sorry."

I frowned. He had never denied me of that. I shot a look at Tate. What did the boy do?

"Hey guys-whoa!" Andre stopped short and stared at three of us, "What's with the vibe? I could eat the tension here."

It was true and I knew who was at fault, "Tate annoyed Dante."

"Excuse me?" Tate snapped, fixing me with a death glare "What was that?"

"Was it a lie?"

From his expression I could tell that I was right and I gave him a smug grin. Since he seemed to like slinking his way into our group then he needed someone to remind him that he was a newbie.

"Fuck you." He muttered in English and stood, marching out of the cafeteria.

Good riddance.

At least Dante will be in a better mood...

He was looking at me with a different look I hadn't seen on him and then he shook his head and rose, "I'm going to get my books. See you guys at History."

And then he left.

What had I done?

We were joined by Jose and Eduardo soon enough and we ate the meal in silence. It was irritating. Why wasn't anybody talking?

"Come on! The table is so boring."

Jose shrugged, "I was speaking comics with Tate, but Little Man isn't here."

"Yeah..." Eduardo chipped in "And Dante asked me to bring these chips so where is he?"

"They left early, guys." Andre said giving me with his, 'FIX IT' look.

I hadn't done anything!

History of Spain class was a boring one. That was until the teacher mentioned the word Excursion. The whole class came alive with chatter but I wasn't in the least interested in going to  the Museum of the History of Barcelona. The teacher was overjoyed at being able to pique our attention and began to embellish the place, talking about how it has items from the Roman times and the numerous sites across the city that they controlled. It worked and that was the only thing that Bachillerato Dos students spoke of for a week.

Till the fated morning...

It was a bright Saturday, charged with undertones of barely subdued excitement. The large Barcelona High buses were gleaming our uniform's ash gray in the sunlight and smelled of strongly of soap. The History teacher called our attention to the front of the line of buses and with a beaming smile began, "Buenos días estudiantes!"