Quince

I love Tennis

I love Tennis.

"Come on, Antonio!" I said, dropping my racket in a haste, "Let's try for a rally!"

I love it because it has fond memories.

Antonio sighed, picking himself up, "Andre, you know, no one here loves this sport half as much as you do. It's hard keeping up with your enthusiasm. "

I cocked my head to the side and walked up to the net separating us from each other. Everyone had already gone for dinner, but I decided to stay behind. I hadn't gotten the chance to play in the midst of picking Universities. But whenever I did, it was a rush.

"How so?"

"Well, you know, you come here, play hard and others don't match your pacing. It's frustrating isn't it?"

I frowned, "I guess."

"Just," He said, dusting his shorts, "Go to some of the tennis clubs in town and play off with like-minded fellows and when you come back..." He shrugged and went to the side to get his bag and leave.

The tennis court was situated at the end of the Sports Pavilion and had a glass dome for a roof, giving the illusion of open space. It was a small place compared to standard tennis court and always under populated. I was even hearing rumors that the school wanted to remove the space.

I chose not to think about that last bit.

So, I snatched my backpack and jogged down into the main school building for dinner.

The Dining Hall had more of a cafeteria setting and whether or not the school intended, it was segmented. The sides were populated with Bachillerato-Dos students while the area near the doors were occupied by the Uno's.  And the middle was for the actual High schoolers.

So it was rather easy to know where to find someone when you wanted to talk or pick a fight. Also, it helped to put everyone in their respective places. The school was stratified like that.

"Hey," I greeted as I sat down with the scraps of Macaroni and Cheese I could get from the kitchen. Tate was animatedly explaining his one-on-one with the Mrs Ponce lady. And Dante being in his boat was enraptured. Even Blanca was listening and she didn't seem to like Tate much. Jose was reading some magazine and Eduardo... well... he was playing cards with himself.

The whole picture made me pout, "Why do I have Basketball loving friends? Can't someone just see how great Tennis is?!"

"Andre your sporting tastes have always been rather weird," Dante said, shaking his head, "I mean, Basketball is way more interesting than Tennis."

"How?"

Jose looked up, "Well, it's harder to score in Basketball than in Tennis. Throwing stuff into that hoop is not as easy as it seems."