Dieciséis

Now this is the spelling of the person from which the name of this character comes

Now this is the spelling of the person from which the name of this character comes. And my dearest seatmate, no matter how much you wish otherwise, your birth name will be always with an 'I" not a "Y." But it's only fitting that I mention you on the debut of this character.

Let's go!!

I was bored.

Do you know what it means for the regulars in your dad's club to avoid you because they are scared of getting their asses handed out to them?

Cowardice!

They can't take a little female discipline and that's why they huddle at the corners insulting me where they think I cannot hear so well.

As though it will make them better!

So I was bored out of my mind and began cleaning up the club's rackets just for fun.

"Sonya!" Papi called and I groaned. Had someone reported me again? "What did you do?"

"I played Tennis Papi!" I called out from the storeroom, "If they were incompetent then that's their fault!"

Papi stormed into the room, startling me so much that I dropped a racket with a clang making it
clatter, "Papi-"

"Cállate!" He ordered, "Shut up, you stupid girl! You want to make me run out of business!"

My eyes widened. Was he that upset? "Papi-"

"I forbid you to play with any of our customers again!"

What? "You can't forbid me-"

He gave me a glare and I shut up. I had been about to spit out that that was why Mama had left him but I held my tongue. Papi was very big and muscular, like a bouncer at a club.

And he could hit anyone he wanted.

"Fine, Papi." I said bending to pick up the racket while he marched away. I'd irritated him enough to forfeit dinner since only he could cook in the house and only he had controls for the funds.

When he left the storeroom, I slumped against the wall beside the rackets and let out a shaky breath. Well, I'd have to play Tennis elsewhere now...

Picking up my satchel from the floor and snatching my cap which I had removed, I stepped out of the room and made my way through the walkway into the main building. 

Ramirez Tennis Club wasn't a big place and it wasn't well equipped either. It was no wonder that Papi wanted anything that could ruin its reputation out of the way.

I sighed and used the cap to block my face, taking my spot at the reception desk.

Business was slow and I was bored. It was so bad that I popped some gum into my mouth. Papi hated it when I did that at work, says it makes me look like a loose woman. I'm like, it's just some gum, how archaic can you get?!